Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spring pistol ideas please

I was going to sudgest a HW70 or a nice Webly (tempest/hurricane/senior).
    I use one of the clubs Tempests and it always puts a smile on my face.
    I am thinking of starting a springer comp at the club, but only recoiling pistols, none of your fwb 65 or original 6/10 shenanigans. Good luck with your choice and have fun
    Last edited by willo1962; 23-09-2012 at 07:51 PM. Reason: i am a plum

Quote Originally Posted by willo1962 View Post
    I was going to sudgest a HW70 or a nice Webly (tempest/hurricane/senior).
    I use one of the clubs hurricanes and it always puts a smile on my face.
    I am thinking of starting a springer comp at the club, but only recoiling pistols, none of your fwb 65 or original 6/10 shenanigans. Good luck with your choice and have fun
    It would put a smile on my face too. Good luck with your springer comp... wish I was at your club

Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post
    Why?
    Cause they're replica's. They look too much like eal pistols. All replica's are forbidden here.
    ATB,
    yana

Quote Originally Posted by lesj View Post
    Its more a case of whether you can use it to its potential. A lot of people give up on springers far too soon. It takes time, practice, and understanding. Enjoy using it... it wont let you down.
    Just an afterthought...... A lot of HW45's are sold because the owners expected too much at the outset, and as such, these pistols are in virtual mint condition.(and havent had time to settle-in/bed-down etc.). If your newly-acquired 45 is one of these... please allow a tin of pellets or two before things become more consistant. And, of course, use quality pellets.
    Many thanks for the advice...After speaking to the previous owner it would appear that mine has exactly that kind of history! I've been using it all afternoon and although it feels very nice to shoot, my groups are quite bad!

Your comments have given me the determination to keep at it...Hopefully with a consistent hold and a little more practice, when it beds in and stops dieseling it should get better?

The HW45 will

get better and hopefully you will improve together and when this happens
    you will understand exactly what all the fuss is about with this iconic
    and supremely functional with it pistol,willie

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    I tend to shoot mine at 1/2 power most of the time. If you are running one in then I would advise this.
    For me they are much more shootable at 1/2 power and there's certainly less dieseling.
    Good deals with these members

Quote Originally Posted by prospector View Post
    iconic
    Iconic? One of the ugliest air pistols ever in my book... They do work well though, in a kind of clinical way that I find somehow rather boring.