Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what pistol was the aa s200 based on ?

what pistol was the aa s200 based on ?

As title , What pistol was the s200 rifle based on ? And can you still buy them ?

Cheers
    Nick

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Quote Originally Posted by nutshot View Post
    As title , What pistol was the s200 rifle based on ? And can you still buy them ?

Cheers
    Nick
    This is a new one on me...I own an S200 and to my knowledge its not based on a pistol at all, but a redesign of an existing CZ/BRNO CO2 10m target rifle.

A short extract taken from here : http://www.pyramydair.com/blog/2009/...er-part-1.html
    A short history
    The S200 is descended from the Tau 200 CO2 target rifle. I watched the development, and here's how it happened. During the 1990s, some American field target shooters wondered if the Tau 200 could be converted to air to compete with the FWB P70s and other 10-meter rifles that were doing so well. A couple of them converted their rifles with good results. They communicated this over the internet and soon there were UK shooters doing the same. Air Arms, a forward-thinking airgun maker, decided to go straight to the source and have the factory convert the guns to air for them. A new product was born.

Although I believe there was a rumour many years ago of AA developing a pistol based on the S200 but as far as I know it never amounted to anything.
    Last edited by harvey_s; 22-09-2012 at 03:08 PM.

Maybe I`m getting confused Got it in my head they did it as a pistol first
    Would love a pistol version . Might have to chop up a rifle if it doesn`t exist

Maybe I`m getting confused Got it in my head they did it as a pistol first
    Would love a pistol version . Might have to chop up a rifle if it doesn`t exist
    The full-length cylinder option might be a real mans gun

Could be that you are confusing this with a Brocock Concept, which was developed from the Brocock Aimex type pistol.

The AA Alfa pistol you mean maybe?
    Its based on the Alfa Proj CO2 pistol.
    ATB,
    yana

Defiantly not the Alfa . I had it in my head it was a pistol action but apparently not .
    Looks the perfect action for a pistol and most target pistols cost too much . Cogs are turning in my head so I`m going to keep a look out for a cheap s200 and chop it up. Ive got a 66cc elan buddy bottle so that might look cool stuck on the front instead of an airtube . Pistol grip off an airsoft rifle and a bit of sawing, glue and gaffa tape and jobs a good un

Defiantly not the Alfa . I had it in my head it was a pistol action but apparently not .
    Looks the perfect action for a pistol and most target pistols cost too much . Cogs are turning in my head so I`m going to keep a look out for a cheap s200 and chop it up. Ive got a 66cc elan buddy bottle so that might look cool stuck on the front instead of an airtube . Pistol grip off an airsoft rifle and a bit of sawing, glue and gaffa tape and jobs a good un
    This would perhaps not be advisable as you'd end with a cool looking, but highly illegal 12 ft/lb air pistol.
    I think even if you used an early adjustable one, they could so easily be wicked back up again - I would hate to think what would happen if plod got involved at any point.

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    This would perhaps not be advisable as you'd end with a cool looking, but highly illegal 12 ft/lb air pistol.
    I think even if you used an early adjustable one, they could so easily be wicked back up again - I would hate to think what would happen if plod got involved at any point.
    'you're nicked, sunshine!'

AA v CZ

Where and how did CZ-BRNO come to make the cz version of the S200? do they manufacture under licence from Air Arms?
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by queens_own View Post
    Where and how did CZ-BRNO come to make the cz version of the S200? do they manufacture under licence from Air Arms?
    Ken
    Read post #2 and it'll all become clear....

S200

Thanks Harvey_s, having read the second post I have to assume that CZ do manufacture under licence from Air Arms even thought post 2 doesn't mention anything about CZ.
    The only real air rifle that came directly from a pistol that I'm aware of is the BSA Buccaneer from the Scorpion.
    Ken

definitely a CZ based development I remember going to Bisley ranges one dark wet night where Terry Doe had the prototype over for a test (think it was an early BBS thing)

developed from a CZ pistol rings a bell but cant remember exactly so may have been a CZ rifle as a base

after that I sold my £1200 Dave Wellam Anschutz and got one of the first batch of 177 S200 in the country to replace it ( drove up to SFS in Brum from Bournemouth to get it to )

But was a wait till the 177 appeared must be 10 yrs ago now Hence the shaky memory but definatly a CZ based design made for AA to a low budget that shot well above tis price bracket.

ATB

Duncan

Not sure if they still do a target air pistol but they did

http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/918/czapariy3.jpg
    Last edited by FGYT; 24-09-2012 at 09:06 AM.

I wouldn't have thought the S200 is produced under license given that CZ designed and market the the rifle themselves under the CZ name and the S200 has CZ marking on the action and documentation.
    On that basis I'm guessing that its another 'badge engineered' product with Air Arms being in effect the distributor like the old 'Beeman' range of guns marketed in the states.

With regard to the air pistols I'm likewise not sure either if the BRNO based Aeron CZ company is (or was) a division of the Ceska Zbrojovka parent company or the CZ was just an abreviation for Czechoslovakia...
    Last edited by harvey_s; 24-09-2012 at 10:56 AM.

S200

Well it wouldn't suprise me to learn that it originated from czech as most of the products they make over there are well designed and built to last, I visit czech every year and have even been to the JSB pellet Co.
    Looking at my Buccaneer and putting it up against the cz air rifles of a similar date...theirs were better made.
    Ken