Thread: MPL Elite League and Indidual MPL Club Champions.

MPL Elite League and Indidual MPL Club Champions.

The top four shooters from each club every month represent their club in the MPL Elite League each month and an Elite League Champion Club will be the declared the winners at the end of each season.

Our first season will end after the December 2012 round has been completed and will start again with the first round of the 2013 season with the first round in January.

RMTC Elite League Score Round One = 752.

Ian Jones FWB 65 =162. John Gould FWB 103 =153. Richard Stiles FAS 604 =150. Bob Stiles LPM-1 =146, Geoff Radovic 141 = 751.

RMTC Elite league Score Round Two = 762.

John Gould Centre 168. Ian Jones FWB65 = 157.Richard Stiles FAS604 = 148.Nick Robinson FWB65 = 147.Bob Stiles LP1 = 142.

RR Elite League Score Round One = 763.

John Ward. HW45 =156. Mel N. GAMO Compact =155. Amanda B. GAMO Compact =155. Chris B. FWB100 = 148,Steve W. 148.

RR Elite League Score Round Two = 776.

Paul Wray.FWB65=165. Chris B.FWB100=161. Steve W.Baikel=157. John W.HW45=154. Amanda B. Compact=139.

Rivington Riflemen are leading the Elite League by 25 points after Round Two.

The individual MPL Club Champion of the month holds his clubs MPL Monthly Individual Trophy until the next round when he (or she) gets the chance to win it again or loose it to the clubs next top score of the month following.

MPL Individual Club Champions:-

RMTC Individual MPL Club Champion Round One:- Ian Jones 162. Round Two:- John Gould 168.

RR Individual MPL Club Champion Round One:- John Ward. Round Two:- Paul Wray 165.
    Last edited by zooma; 01-10-2012 at 09:16 AM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

A good idea, and an incentive for practice and improvement.

Well do to all who have made it into the top 4 and the 2 highest scorers.

Kind regards,

Phil
    Last edited by p.m.h; 23-09-2012 at 10:45 AM.
    I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
    >>Classic Air Pistol Association<<
    >>North Manchester Target Club<<

The Elite League and the Individual Club Champion ideas were in the MPL rules right from the start to give as much interest in the series as possible.

The rules are the first entry on the general MPL thread and are also on the RMTC site.

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    The Elite League and the Individual Club Champion ideas were in the MPL rules right from the start to give as much interest in the series as possible.

The rules are the first entry on the general MPL thread and are also on the RMTC site.
    It states 'top 5' on there - or is this just a thread to see whoes taking notice?

ATB
    TC1
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    It states 'top 5' on there - or is this just a thread to see whoes taking notice?

ATB
    TC1
    Yes - you are right - and I have been "rumbled" - but did anyone else notice?

Results now show the top 5 shooters from each club giving Rivington an 11 point lead.
    Last edited by zooma; 25-09-2012 at 07:02 AM.

Looks like we will have a new RMTC Club Champion in the MPL series this month!

John had an unfair equipment advantage by using a CENTRE "kicker" when most other's had to struggle along with Feinwerkbaus, Walthers, Originals and FAS etc.

.but our previous Club Champion has responded by investing several pennies in a CENTRE of his own, so Octobers MPL could be a really interesting event!

I graciously bow out to John skill. The scores he attained with a twangy Centre would have put a match pcp shooter (ME! ) to shame.
    Roll on October and the trophy will come back to daddy! (hopefully)

I'll be back.

ATB
    Ian

Not so fast. I have just re-sprung my Gat, and fitted match sights!

Kind regards,

Phil
    I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
    >>Classic Air Pistol Association<<
    >>North Manchester Target Club<<

MPL Round Two Club Champion - John Gould.

Congratulations to John Gould who is the MPL Round Two Club Champion for RMTC.

John scored a very creditable 168 ex 200 using my GAMO Centre that he had just stripped and re-greased to make it shoot the way it should.

Actually with some modern day grease (or maybe just good qaulity grease) replacing the old and congealed Spanish 35 years old original grease the factory used all that time ago, the pistol was transformed.

Two quid was also spent on a leather washer that had to be persueded to fit the Centre pistol, and after the solidified grease had been cut away from around the trigger with a knife, it could then be adjusted to give a nicer feel.

John shot very well with it to score 168 and I am delighted his time and affort has been rewarded so well.

This same pistol has a bill that we paid last year from an RFD for "lubrication and adjusting trigger", and it does have the same seriel number on the receipt and the pistol. John was not too impresed with this as there was no sign of either being done when he opened it up to strip it, clean it and re-lube it correctly, and until the solidified gunk was cut away from the trigger, there was no way the adjusting screws could be turned - infact he was less than happy about it - more like very annoyed.

The resulting "angry John" shot very well, so we are looking for another specimen to wind him up in time for Round 3 as it seems to have done him a power of good!

Nice shooting John - well done!

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post

The resulting "angry John" shot very well, so we are looking for another specimen to wind him up in time for Round 3 as it seems to have done him a power of good!
    If he shoots that well when hes angry lets let his tyres down (on his car ) just before the next round of the MPL. That way we can really rub it into the 'Over-the-hill bunch' (Rivi) again next month!

ATB
    TC1

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)
    RR Elite League September

Top 5 scores 776

Average 155.2

RTM (with unobtainium badge of office )
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

Thanks TC3 ( probational).

I have updated the results - see first thread.