Thread: fwb model 2 info

fwb model 2 info

I recently picked up a vv nice FWB Model 2 co2 pistol, I have been trying in vain to get some info such as year of manufacture but google as I may, there seems to be very little info out there. It came in a tan/orange plastic case with 2 cyclinders, 3 barrel weights, fill adapter and vent screw.
    I think it is late 60's, the serial is 00911.
    I plan on using a fill station hose with 2 valves(on/off and vent) seems far easier than using the supplied screw fill adapter. From what i have gathered.. I attach hose to bulk bottle (dip tubed) attach pistol cyclinder to other end of hose, attach this to scale to weigh the fill. vent the remaining co2 from cyclinder, which should chill it enough to take a full fill ( or if empty, fill witha little co2 and vent that off). reset scale to zero and fill to about 45grams ( says 53 max on bottle) and bobs your uncle. Probably wont be as simple as that, nothing ever is
    Picking up the Co2 tomorrow, £50 for 5 yr lease and £13 per fill

Feinwerkbau LP2

This was actually introduced in the early 1980s, according to John Walter (writing in 1984) it "made its debut at the International Firearms Exhibition in Nuremberg in 1981... though few details could be elicited", so maybe it was '82 or so before production got into full swing and they were available for sale?

Actually, both Walther and Feinwerkbau introduced CO2 target pistols at about the same time, using the cylinder under barrel, low set grip at the rear layout that has come to be pretty much standard for target pistols (with only a few exceptions). Heck, even my Izh46 goes for that look.

As for the details of filling, I'm afraid I can't help - I've no experience at all of handling bulk CO2.

Iain

Think you may be getting models mixed, the LP2 was by Steyr. I had already found this info
    "One of the first of the modern era was from FWB in their Model 2. But they were closely followed by Walther's CP2 and others. Hammerli had two CO2 offerings in the late 1960's with their "Single" and "Master" models, which used the disposable cartridges found in the inexpensive plinking guns of the day."
    This still does not give the production dates for the model 2, but seems to before 1970.
    There seems to be very little history available for such iconic weapons.

'LP' is simply an abbreviation for 'luftpistole' - air pistol in German. Hence one can have a FWB LP2, a Steyr LP2, a Diana LP2 (a Gat-style pistol), the Walther LP2 (which was completely different to the later CO2 powered CP2), a Record LP2. Whether, in this country, they keep that designation or it is anglicised into 'Model 2' is another matter.

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/n...D/DSC00179.jpg

Regards,

Iain

My humble aplogies.
    I stand corrected at your superior knowledge. I have been finding it very hard to get any information, the only thing i had found was that clip saying late 60's.
    I appreciate the time to answer my post.
    Thanks again
    Just got this email back from feinwerkbau
    Thank you for your email dd. September 25, 2012.
    Please be informed that the year of manufacture of the air pistol mod. 2 with serial number 000911 is 1982.
    Last edited by willo1962; 30-09-2012 at 08:54 PM.

Freezer

Hi,
    Cool down your co2 cylinder in the freezer for 15-30min and then vent off, after that you can fill it. We use only the adaptor with filter directly connected to co2 bottle. And a scale to meassure the weight before and after.

The date of manufacture will probably be the same as on the cylinders you have.They are dated as they need to be checked inside.I have a FWB 2 and the cylinders are very easy to check inside, and not likely to be corroded.You do not need all the C02 setup to fill these, the cylinders screw straight into a fire extinquisher with the adaptor you should have.I bought 2 extinquishers for £10 each, enough CO2 for 2 years.I get a huge number of shots from mine even though I only fill the cylinders to 300 grm total weight.It is no slouch either at 520 fps, and a pleasure to shoot with the very simple loading sequence.

Baz

The filling adapter, as supplied, works fine, without additional valves.
    As there is no significant dead space between tank and valve, there is almost no gas to blow off and simply gently unscrewing the cylinder from the adapter opens the bleed hole.

Ian