Thread: Are my guns any good for Target shooting

Are my guns any good for Target shooting

Hi, I am thinking of starting target shooting (maybe even FT)as a part of existing shooting and gun renovation hobby.
    At the moment I have a FWB 127 Standard, Brocock Concept .177 and a HW95k .177, I know I can use any of them if I want to but should I be looking for a fixed barrel Springer or a heavier PCP, the Brocock is very accurate albeit very light.

I do like the HW95 though and wonder if that would be ok with maybe a custom stock.

I have the HW95 up for sale at the moment but I am wondering if I should keep it.

john

What target shooting? 10m? FT?HFT?
    ATB,
    yana

If you can hit the target in the correct place within any set time scale and within any special specs for the gun then why not?
    Pistol & Rifle Shooting in the Highlands with Strathpeffer Rifle & Pistol Club. <StrathRPC at yahoo.com> or google it.
    No longer Pumpin Oil but still Passin Gas!

Used my HW95 for FT and had a great time with it. Use a good pellet and scope and practice your hold and you can get very good results.

If it's the right caliber & power for the comp yes, just enjoy.

20 plus yrs ago I was asked to make up the numbers for a bell target team in a local league.

Although I shot competitive air rifle for many years previously I only had a .177 HW77 at the time. I fitted a borrowed a Walther rear sight & used the standard HW fore sight.

My first match I shot a possible.
    IF IT'S NOT BROKE.........DON'T FIX IT!

As long as a gun is accurate you can usually make changes to help you to get the most out of it. I added a £17 ajustable butt plate and a homemade cheekpiece pad that velcro's in place to my 95, making it more suitable when using a bigger scope.

defblade is offline There's a hole in my bucket, dear Liza, dear Liza
    I'd be amazed if, clamped to a bench, all of those guns don't put pellets through a single hole at 10m. So anything less than 600/600 is down to you

Of course, you may find other guns do this easier for you, but that might cost

Myself, I'd like to try the 127, but then I have an FWB bias!
    New: Hammerli AP20; BSA Meteor for daughter (and rats ); TX200 with a scope on top;
    Baikal MP-651K for plinking; and a friend with an Original 75 he doesn't mind me using!

Ive shot a couple of the rounds of national UKHFT with a 1914 BSA underlever and open sights. O.K. - I didn't get any of the top shooters in a sweat but I DID get a round of applause for killing a 35 yard stander! (It was the only one I got that day)

Its not WHAT you shoot, its how much you enjoyed shooting it.

I'd keep the HW95.

HTH
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk