Thread: Brocock TAC guns !

Brocock TAC guns !

Deactivated ! Gunstar,

Is this the way to get rid of them, I read 50,000 + still in circulation,
    Seems OK to me , Ged.

I thought if you get a FAC gun deactivated, you need proof you have it on FAC? For people who don't have them on 'ticket' Surely they are liable for holding an illegal gun? (I'm probably wrong)

Brocock tac

When renewing my fac i was informed they cannot be deactivated they must be handed in if you do not renew your fac. Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Andy001 View Post
    I thought if you get a FAC gun deactivated, you need proof you have it on FAC? For people who don't have them on 'ticket' Surely they are liable for holding an illegal gun? (I'm probably wrong)
    I think you're spot on. Any RFD handed an illegal firearm must sieze it - I've done it a couple of times. We're a full Section 5 armoury and are allowed to hold all of two TAC guns. I doubt that many RFDs are allowed to hold them so it leaves them obliged to sieze a gun they can't hold. Fortunately, most firearm licencing departments are fairly understanding about this sort of thing.....
    Last edited by Snapshot; 27-09-2012 at 06:49 AM.

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    Quote Originally Posted by DAVE BERRY View Post
    When renewing my fac i was informed they cannot be deactivated they must be handed in if you do not renew your fac. Dave
    Some forces say they can't be exported but that is a crock too, if a section 5 centre fire revolver can be legally de-activated then there is no reason a TAC gun can't ;-)

- Nick
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

I have seen a deactivated Brocock Peacemaker in a gun shop with a valid certificate so it must be legal

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    Some forces say they can't be exported but that is a crock too, if a section 5 centre fire revolver can be legally de-activated then there is no reason a TAC gun can't ;-)

- Nick
    Makes sense to me!

As to exporting them: in the US, they'd still be classified as air guns and hence not regulated by federal law. I'm not sure of the legality under UK law of a private citizen trying to send them here via Royal Mail, though.
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone