Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Armscor

Armscor

Any one seen one of these ARMSCOR M/L revolvers yet.? Alan Westlake has them on his web site and a Google search throws up a little imfo. Have been thinking about selling my 7.62R carbine and that would give me a slot i could swop to 38 muzzle loader. Got me thinking this has. Tim

There's at least one in our club, maybe two. I've fired one and am seriously considering getting one for myself.
    Pistol & Rifle Shooting in the Highlands with Strathpeffer Rifle & Pistol Club. <StrathRPC at yahoo.com> or google it.
    No longer Pumpin Oil but still Passin Gas!

Yep. Thats the one. Tim

I understand the rationale behind the development of these things, indeed, I suffered more than most in the 'Great Hand-in' or 'Great Betrayal', depending on your viewpoint.

But I can't help but imagine that this is what a handgun would be like today if the metallic cartridge had never been invented. And it is a lasting legacy to the stupidity of British
    politicians that these monstrous fabrications have to exist at all.

Don't let my bitterness take anything away from those who want one of these clever items.

But meanwhile, the remainder of the Free World must be looking at this thing and p!ssing themselves with smug gleefulness.

tac

I am going to put in a variation for one of these! I. Know it's not the same as a "proper" revolver but let's face it it's as close as we'll ever get here again.

looks better than the long barreled things too
    ballkeeper

Why do you people insist in showing me new things that I didn't know I NEEDED!

davederrick is offline With our thoughts, we make the world
    Quote Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
    Why do you people insist in showing me new things that I didn't know I NEEDED!
    'tis a thing-o-beauty innit ? Would like one also.
    "I'm all in favour of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters." - Frank Lloyd Wright (1867-1959)

Quote Originally Posted by davederrick View Post
    'tis a thing-o-beauty innit ? Would like one also.
    Very nice indeed, however, I cannot help but think its one of those 'new things' the homeoffice end up getting twitchy about

Very nice indeed, however, I cannot help but think its one of those 'new things' the homeoffice end up getting twitchy about
    dont think hes had any probs with theTaurus ML Revolver an homeoffice

but found this ,and have a read of the messages
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52mO-08GUBI
    ballkeeper

Can see where Tac is coming from, several of my shooting mates lost their pistols when the ban came into force. I didnt start shooting live ammo till after the ban but i know i would have been gutted if they took my property off me when i hadnt done anything wrong. As much as i wish we could have cartridge pistols back it aint going to happen so we just have to make the most of what we have. I have a .357 LBR and a .22 semi auto LBP as well as black powder revolvers which are all good guns and fun to shoot. I recon these little muzzle loaders could be as close as we are likely to get to having a 38 cartridge revolver so might as well get one while we can. Thats my reasoning and im sticking to it. Tim

good enough reason tim lol

so its class as 357 or 38 and what need for it
    Last edited by gtpkeeper; 27-09-2012 at 05:43 AM.
    ballkeeper

Quote Originally Posted by tdmrider View Post
    good enough reason tim lol

so its class as 357 or 38 and what need for it
    It's a .38 (possibly a .36) muzzle loading revolver for target use.
    Pistol & Rifle Shooting in the Highlands with Strathpeffer Rifle & Pistol Club. <StrathRPC at yahoo.com> or google it.
    No longer Pumpin Oil but still Passin Gas!

saw this pistol a couple of years ago at alans stall at the newark show....nice little piece.