Thread: Good morning all.

Good morning all.

Google has bought me to the forum loads of times in the past and now I've treated myself to another air rifle I thought I'd sign up so I can get the benefit of the collectives' experience. I am primarily a firearms shooter but I've owned and used airguns all my life. My .22 HW80 has spent the last 3 years in the shed ready to dispatch rats caught in the chicken run. The chickens have gone so it's now at a local gunsmith to get a much needed service. I also have a .22 Mk2 Airsporter which someone had "restored". The woodwork is great but it appears they had put a synthetic washer and new spring to try to up the power which ruined the way it shot so it's at the same local gunsmith to see what he can do to put the internals back to as original condition as possible.

The main reason for joining is that I've just acquired a really cheap, almost brand new .177 HW97K with a blue laminated stock. When I shot it at home it was dieseling and the infamous Weihrauch twang was there. Searching in the forum I found that there is a question mark over HW springs being cut off and not refinished properly which prompted me to look for tuning services and the V-Mach/V-Glide kits seemed to get the most "votes". I phoned Steve Popes at Venom direct and he suggested that the V-Glide was not really necessary in a rifle that was only going to be used for "plinking and the odd rabbit". This lack of hard sell impressed me so I ordered the V-Mach kit and had it sent direct to one of the recommended fitters, Ray Walker. I spoke to Ray and asked if he could fit the kit while I waited but he said he preferred to fit a kit then shoot the rifle "over a couple of days" to allow the kit to bed in properly so he can make sure it remains legal. Again, that level of service impressed my so I took the rifle to him yesterday and I'm waiting for a phone call sometime next week from Ray to say I can pick it up.

Apologies for the long first post
    John

Hello John .

And welcome to the forum .

All the best.

Andy .
    " Never mistake kindness for weakness "

Quote Originally Posted by mr who? View Post
    Hello John .
    And welcome to the forum .
    All the best.
    Andy .
    Thanks for the welcome Andy, it is much appreciated.

hi and welcome