Thread: Daystate huntsman air leak

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Daystate huntsman air leak

I have a mk1 Huntsman which has a leak at the business end. I first thought it was the filling port but on closer inspection air is coming from the air tube just behind the filler.
    I would think that the O ring has failed, so has anybody any idea of the size and where I can get one?
    I have "googled" without much luck, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Dave

[Make sure the gun has no cylinder pressure before doing any maintenance- Shoot it until you are sure it is empty. Then check the barrel is clear and it is uncocked].

Old type fill valve assembly (photo shows cylinder end plug with barrel band removed).

1. If the leak is between the quickfill nipple and end plug, it may be as simple as very slightly tightening it to compress the bonder washer a little more. If that works it's still worth replacing the washer which may have compressed or deteriorated. (Remember to depressurise the cylinder again!)

Do not overtighten. If that fails...

2. Using the correct size spanner on the fill connector should allow you to unscrew the cylinder end plug, exposing the two sealing o-rings. If the fill connector unscrews from the end plug you may have to use a padded vice to lightly grip the plug and turn the cylinder by hand when separating the two.

[Make a note of the force required to undo it, use this as a guide on reassembly].

Take the old items (bonded washer and o-rings) to a hydraulic fittings company, if you aren't sure of the size.

Replace and reassemble, do not apply any lubricants or grease to the threads.

[If the cylinder will be "left open" for any time, cover the opening with tape or clingfilm to prevent debris/contamination].

Hope that makes sense and is of help. ATB

Nice simple rifle a bit of quality strip and fix as above.

Ora

Thanks for the advice, the leak is definitely from the cylinder end plug so looks like replacing the O rings.

Any idea of size?

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by DaveJB View Post
    Thanks for the advice, the leak is definitely from the cylinder end plug so looks like replacing the O rings.

Any idea of size?

Cheers
    No, I'm afraid not. Best take the old ones to a hydraulic fittings supplier, they should be able to match the items easily.

Let us know how you get on. ATB

Might be worth getting a service kit from daystate. When I stripped mine, the cylinder o ring was near flatterned, so sizing might be difficult unless you have the end plug with you.
    "Shooters, regardless of their preferred quarry, enjoy their sport for its ability to transfer them from their day-to-day life into a world where they can lose themselves for a few hours". B Potts.