Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sussex Interclub end of season bash 07/10/2012

Buxted County HFT Republic of Crowzilla Sussex
    Quote Originally Posted by helix View Post
    Thanks for the info and the map link, is there a plinking range for zero checks.. Maybe a silly question, but as you see never been to the venue

Atb Rob
    Yes ,,,
    Buxted HFT Garage Guns are Us. Home of Crowzilla Doppers doughnut corner and SiHFT winners 2007 2008 2009 2010 2017 2018 2019.

Mog is offline Mog has so much potential but does not apply himself fully.
    St Hilaire du Harcouët, Lower Normandy/East Sussex
    Quote Originally Posted by helix View Post
    Thanks for the info and the map link, is there a plinking range for zero checks.. Maybe a silly question, but as you see never been to the venue

Atb Rob
    Quote Originally Posted by simmmo View Post
    Yes ,,,

Is that, 'yes' it's a silly question, or.....
    'yes' there's a plinking range, or......
    'yes' to both?

Just asking, like.
    Truttemer Tir Club

Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité

Jackel is offline Welding guru and moderator to the stars
    Best ring Steve he is banned,

Banned off the Banter Section. Bizzare.

Monkey
    U
    Quote Originally Posted by biggles View Post
    Oops.

Does this mean he's also banned from the 7th? Only asking as every little counts when it comes to improving the odds of my winning something this year

He was banned for goading members and then mouthing off to the mods
    The impossible I do immediately, miracles take 24 hours..

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE,IT JUST COSTS MORE

Quote Originally Posted by Jackel View Post
    U

He was banned for goading members and then mouthing off to the mods
    In the banter section?

Andy
    Buxted HFT Garage Guns are Us. Home of Crowzilla Doppers doughnut corner and SiHFT winners 2007 2008 2009 2010 2017 2018 2019.

In the banter section?

Andy
    You have to be careful about banter Andy, there are some very sensitive souls on here.
    Truttemer Tir Club

Banter

My opinion is that banters good it can help bring a little competitiveness, between people, and clubs. But sometimes I think it's hard to see when things go to far, especially when you might be one of the people involved. You can get tunnel vision as it were, and then maybe not see what you have written may be taken in different ways.

Sometimes I think it's good to go grab a coffee or a cigarette, read the post again to be sure of how it might be taken, then post or reword it. And if someone does take it the wrong way, maybe a simple PM, explaining you might have been takes out of context, and explain what you meant is the best thing.

We're all adults and it doesn't take much to sort things out, I look at things and sometimes wonder what juniors or their parents might think if they were to see some of what gets written on here.

Anyway looking forward to the shoot Sunday, with or without a plinking range

Atb Rob

Would it be OK if I come along and shoot the open on sunday if there is availability ?

Andy

I do think that Spongey and his Oakie crew are a bit over the top with the banter towards the poor buxted members myself

Quote Originally Posted by johnjames View Post
    I do think that Spongey and his Oakie crew are a bit over the top with the banter towards the poor buxted members myself
    Don't they understand the longer words?
    Truttemer Tir Club

Quote Originally Posted by johnjames View Post
    I couldn't agree more, i was only thinking the other day how bad it is that some people call all Buxted members 'Spineless Cretins' without a brain cell or an ounce of common sense among them....
    I also hated it when i heard they were bad losers (Although they indulge in this activity plenty...) even worsly was the mention of their Captain being a drunkard and a Cad! (Certified And Dellusional)
    These remarks are so un-just......

How you doing anyway JJ' is that cream working?

XX
    SIHFT Winners 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - AND 2014....2015..2016...oh look back at green...running out of colours! Ha!

banter

An exclamation intended to commemorate the occurence of a witty, jovially insulting, hilarously harsh or awkward comment, as well as lubricating the passage of conversation so as to facilitate further banter in the near future. It is most effectively used as a stand-alone catchphrase or vocal tool to break the awkward silence, indicate your approval of the previous comment or assert your position as the alpha banterer, or, in rarer circumstances, an effective "banter beacon", defined as one able to signal the presence of banter within moments of it appearing. Has been known to be used as a noun in the previously described ways but is certainly better employed as a single exclamation, leaving explanation of its context to those immediately adjacent to the utterer of the word.

Rik
    Never pull the trigger unless you know
    you are going to hit what you are aiming at.

MojoCrow is offline It rubs the lotion on the anarchist ginger tom.....
    Sorry folks but I won't be down the club tomorrow for the work party as I'm working (thanks to my Boss messing me about days off and him naffing off to Bristol) and a little trifling matter of my car permanently failing it's mot. I doubt I'll be at the shoot on Sunday anyway as I'm feeling lousy thanks to an "opportunistic infection" (to quote my doctor).

With regards to banter, as long as no malice is intended it's in good fun. Hell, you could call me a goat troubling weirdo and it'll be fine with me and accurate too
    Customised AA S400 Carbine
    Ros beef, go home! www.buxtedshootingclub.co.uk SiHFT winners 2008 2009 2010

Hi all,working in the morning,0400 start,so won't be along to the work party....Doubt I'll be able to make the shoot Sunday either,so congrats to ALL those shooters getting trophies/badges/medals,and fingers crossed a Buxted shooter gets the raffle prize lol,only joking,congrats to whoever wins it really.... It's been a pleasure shooting with you all,long may it continue too,and although it's been a crap year score wise for me,Im not letting it get me down,frustrating and all as it is at times.Hopefully I'll iron out the kinks soon,but here's looking forward to a great SHS this year as well.... Ahhhhhhh Bantahhhhhh....
    AA S400 K ( Modified MPR stock and Rowan Engineering furnishings ) with a Hawke 4-12x40 EV Panorama 1/2 MilDot Scope - BUXTED HFT TEAM -

Quote Originally Posted by Mog View Post
    You have to be careful about banter Andy, there are some very sensitive souls on here.
    Thanks my old rotund one eyed cretinous friend.

I am still hopeful of a family invite?

I think we all know where I stand on that one.

Pitty I dont still drink and type.

Monkey

Many thanks to Mike for the number crunching and of course the Buxted guys for laying on todays shoot - well done to Sam on winning the big one(s) today!!!
    OAKS - SIHFT Winners 2011, [SIZE=4][COLOR="#FF0000"] 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2015, 2023