Thread: Which Air rifle is best for a beginner?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question Which Air rifle is best for a beginner?

Hi,

I have owned a HW45 silver star for a while now and am considering buying an Air rifle.....could somebody recommend a good beginners rifle?
    Thanks in advance
    Darrenw

Hello. Could you expand on this a bit more.. eg your size, build, whether you need R/H L/H or ambi, preferred calibration,and what you will be intending to use the rifle for.

Thanks...5ft 9" medium/large build. Right handed. 177 for general target shooting to maybe joining a club.
    Around the £300 mark (used)
    Thanks again.

Air Arms tx200. Weirhrauch 98/95/77, I would go for .177 mainly because pellets are cheaper . You could go for a pre-charged but that would be over £300 if you take charging equip in to account.
    I have recently returned to shooting after a lengthy break and bought a hw99s, nice little rifle but took quite a while to learn how to shoot it well, it is very hold and pellet sensitive. But it is shooting like a dream at the moment. Good luck

Thanks for this..I think I will stick with weihrauch as I like the build quality.
    I will see if I can try the ones that you have mentioned.
    I like the look of the BSA Lightning XL? any thoughts?
    Thanks again.

With that budget and a heftier build I would certainly favour the TX200 over a Weihrauch.

Nothing wrong with a Weihrauch (apart from them being a little dull) but I feel that the Air Arms offerings are superior (Unless of course you want a Break Barrel).
    Great Deals with : Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich