Quote Originally Posted by blooregard View Post
With that budget and a heftier build I would certainly favour the TX200 over a Weihrauch.

Nothing wrong with a Weihrauch (apart from them being a little dull) but I feel that the Air Arms offerings are superior (Unless of course you want a Break Barrel).

I don't really agree with this. As an owner of both I find the HW and AA underlever rifles very similar in handling. 'Out of the mythical box' the AA is slightly smoother but the HW responds very well to a small amount of tuning work.
My advice to the OP is pretty simple. Buy one that suits you that comes up first at the price that suits you. Try as many rifles as you can. If you do this I would be staggered if you ended up buying a BSA Lightning as they are not in the same class as either HW or AA spring rifles.
Going further, if you expect to spend more time 'in the field' then a break barrel such as the HW95/98/80 is my choice. If you expect to do more target shooting then go for the HW97K or the AA TX200 as most shooters find the underlever adds stability in the 'hold' over the break barrel design.