Thread: 10m shooting glasses

10m shooting glasses

Where is the best place to get these or has anyone got a pair they dont need

Glasses

You should have gone to specsavers

Glasses

You should have gone to specsavers

edbear2 Guest
    If prescription;

http://www.stewardsportsglasses.co.uk/

ATB,

Ed

Quote Originally Posted by edbear2 View Post
    That's where I got mine. Simon Goldsmith, the optician, (and who I think must own the company) goes to a few meets at Bisley and he knows his stuff. Guess you could do it cheaper, maybe, but it was reassuring for me to know that one excuse that I couldn't use was that my sight wasn't corrected by someone who knew what he was doing!!

I note that you are in Devon. Therefore you will probably find this optician the most convenient:

Mike Taylor, Honiton, 01404 41626.

I have not used him personally, but he is well recommended.

Hope this helps,

Rutty

glasses

Thanks for inffo Rutty will give him a ring

another vote for this guy..

http://www.stewardsportsglasses.co.uk/

i went to a local optician to get a prescription, then emailed it to the guys above. great service. we chatted on the phone about the discipline they were for, etc etc.

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.
    All the replies are excelent advice for getting the correct lens prescription, for the frames look about on the Stirton site as they do come up S/H from time to to time, otherwise the mail order sites such as Intershoot.

The frames do vary from make to make but the cheapest are Varga through to Knobloch, Champion and MEC, I use Junkers which are a bit strange compared to the modern multi adjustable as they are a bit like the old national Health "Billy Bunter" style and are bent to shape but they suit me. A bit like rifles different people prefer dfferent styles, I tried three frames before I settled on the one I was most comfortable with.
    You will need to get the lens as close to the eye as practical, with the lens angle vertical with your head in the shooting position and with you looking through the centre of the lens.
    Welcome to our sport
    Good shooting
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

shooting glasses

Am now fixed up thanks to Val S and i got prescription from specsavers

Glad you're sorted.

For interest I found http://www.stewardsportsglasses.co.uk/ quite a bit more expensive for the frames and when getting the lens made also more expensive, I got frames from shooting shops and went to Specsavers for the lens, they allowed me in the middle of their busy shop to sight up with my pistol, check focus and generally helped me all the could, the lens was on £30 and made the same day with the anti reflective coating.

People knock them, but I can do nothing but sing their praises, should have gone to specsavers, well I and you did and we found their service to be perfect

When I requested a special lens for shooting from my local Specsavers, they would not entertain the idea.
    Evo 10 Compact.