Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Umarex Browning Buck Mark

Eyebull certainly did a good job of the review.

As mentioned in the threads, it's a pity we have to shop in Germany to get a good price on such guns, and it is an embarrassing state of affairs that this Country applies this to be the case.

It is a £40 gun, but certainly not an £80 gun.

I'll keep an eye open and snap one up when the price is right.

Kind regards,

Phil
    I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
    >>Classic Air Pistol Association<<
    >>North Manchester Target Club<<

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    Quote Originally Posted by ratgunner View Post
    Very good review,

Liked the use of keys to give size perspective,

And concise factual presentation,

Re:Size of piccies problem do you have Photoshop??

ATB, Bernard.
    Thanks, the pics were taken at work - I just forgot to clear the keys out of the shot

Unfortunately this computer couldn't handle photoshop - I'm using XP on a hand-me-down PC. Browsing, watching vids etc. is fine, but if I get into anything like photoshop the slowdown makes the computer totally unuseable.
    Good deals with these members

Rayee is offline I don't need a gun; I've got an attack butterfly.
    Strange - I'd heard that Armex were so disappointed with the lightweight browning, that they sent them back.

Or was that the co2 Browning hi power?
    Toilet trained since March

Quote Originally Posted by Rayee View Post
    Strange - I'd heard that Armex were so disappointed with the lightweight browning, that they sent them back.

Or was that the co2 Browning hi power?
    I haven't heard anything like that, but if true I suspect it is the Hi-Power bb pistol that got backed by Armex - it wasn't recieved very favourably by all accounts.
    Also the URX has been sent by Armex to reviewers in this country already, so presumably is on the cards for distribution?

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Quote Originally Posted by coburn View Post
    And Jim they are only $50 in the States!

Some good write ups on Pyramidair site etc.
    Must give them a look then!
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Buck Mark

Is it me or do they look like a modded version of the old Record Model 1/2 pistol as shown below.

http://www.record-firearms.de/en/pro...dell-lp-1.html

OK so they moved the barrel lock plunger to above the bore but that straight line cocking linkage looks very similar. The Records are still available from the German suppliers so I may give one of those ago as well.

I thought that as well as soon as I saw the photo (in the AGW article) of the open breech - the steel barrel liner (I'm guessing), o-ring breech seal and outer alloy barrel casing, design of the barrel lock (albeit moved to the top rib) and barrel pivot assembly, not between two jaws but sitting over a bar extending from the air cylinder.

Like this:

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/n.../Record001.jpg

Iain
    Last edited by Iain K D; 15-10-2012 at 06:38 PM. Reason: Well they say a picture is worth a thousand words, don't they?

Quote Originally Posted by coburn View Post
    Is it me or do they look like a modded version of the old Record Model 1/2 pistol as shown below.

http://www.record-firearms.de/en/pro...dell-lp-1.html

OK so they moved the barrel lock plunger to above the bore but that straight line cocking linkage looks very similar. The Records are still available from the German suppliers so I may give one of those ago as well.
    The outward form of the gun is based on a real steel version:
    http://www.mcsportingarms.com/images...XTargetNIB.jpg
    to which it is relatively faithful.
    Whether the innards are based on or similar to the Record pistol, I have no idea, though I will be dismantling my URX in the next week or so (stay tuned) so we could find out.

BTW if you were thinking of ordering one of the Record pistols then the one in your link, the LP1, is a smoothbore. The LP2 looks to be the rifled version. Versandhaus have it for less than 60 euros, with the LP3 (with adjustable sights!) slightly cheaper

(edit: aaah, just saw your other thread and you knew all this, sorry)

Buck Mark

I think we're onto something here.

Finally the Umarex Browning Buck Mark appears on a UK retailer's website at the princely sum of £96.

http://www.alansairrifles.co.uk/newitems.htm
    "...those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by willie the pimp View Post
    Finally the Umarex Browning Buck Mark appears on a UK retailer's website at the princely sum of £96.

http://www.alansairrifles.co.uk/newitems.htm
    Pfft...dream on

That site seems about £20 to £30 more expensive for everything though. I imagine most will be retailing for £70 to £80.
    The big price difference doesn't seem to apply to all guns on the continent however - there isn't a huge difference in the price of the LGV in the country where it is manufactured compared to here for example.

I suspect it's Armex that are kicking the arse out of it with this gun, though I don't know why.

A confession to make, I tried to disassemble the URX yesterday, got pretty far but was stopped dead when it came to removing the rear cylinder cap Very annoying as I had taken photos throughout the whole process.
    I may still post pics of it in bits but the part I really wanted to get to eluded me
    If anyone finds any kind of exploded diagram please let me know. Getting them apart is not normally the problem!

Quote Originally Posted by eyebull View Post
    Pfft...dream on

That site seems about £20 to £30 more expensive for everything though. I imagine most will be retailing for £70 to £80.
    The big price difference doesn't seem to apply to all guns on the continent however - there isn't a huge difference in the price of the LGV in the country where it is manufactured compared to here for example.

I suspect it's Armex that are kicking the arse out of it with this gun, though I don't know why.

A confession to make, I tried to disassemble the URX yesterday, got pretty far but was stopped dead when it came to removing the rear cylinder cap Very annoying as I had taken photos throughout the whole process.
    I may still post pics of it in bits but the part I really wanted to get to eluded me
    If anyone finds any kind of exploded diagram please let me know. Getting them apart is not normally the problem!
    Hello eyebull.

I've just emailed Herr Schneider. Did you have to have your pistol sent to a RFD in this country or did it come straight to you?

Are you disassembling it because there is a problem? (I'd like to know before I part with my Euros)

Maybe Armex are just good old fashioned greedy.

Cheers.
    "...those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." C.S. Lewis

Hello eyebull.
    I've just emailed Herr Schneider. Did you have to have your pistol sent to a RFD in this country or did it come straight to you?
    I am not sure whether you will be able to get any English language correspondence going with them - if they employ someone who reads and speaks English it's probably just good luck and not for our benefit. I didn't need to have a direct exchange with anyone.

Just set up the order on the website as per normal (with a bit of lateral thinking because it's all in German ) and once it has gone through email them a photo of your driving license with a short simple message referring to your name and order. You will then get an email confirming that they have received your proof of ID, followed by an email confirming it has been sent and a tracking number.

I had mine delivered to work no problems - the VCR act only applies to UK sellers... BTW it's only handled by DHL up to the UK border, after that Parcel Farce take over, which is the hairiest part of the whole process
    The DHL tracking number works on the PF site once it is in the country.

Being cross-border you will be paying more on postage than you would on a UK site, so make it worth your while and get some other bits too - HW mods are cheap!

Are you disassembling it because there is a problem? (I'd like to know before I part with my Euros)
    I'm not disassembling it because of a problem, I'm just curious and nosy I also thought it might be handy info to have out there if someone ever does need it.
    After taking it to most of its constituent bits, I can't see it falling apart or really going wrong. It's pretty robust, though obviously not made from the best materials.

Maybe Armex are just good old fashioned greedy.
    Cheers.
    Seems so.
    How long do you think it will be before they figure out why they aren't selling many of these guns?

Eyebull, thanks for all of the above.

It seems that they do have an English speaker on the staff. Anyway I will go ahead and order as you indicate.

Glad to hear that there is no problem with it and that it is robustly made.

Cheers.

Buck Mark

If its the site I used print out the English Instructions in PDF format on the home page. My Record is according to DHL currently at Cologne on route to the UK.

Eyebull if the Back Mark is like the Record is there a screw on top of the action holding the end plug in, I suspect the end plug is not a threaded fit into the action. This screw may be under the rearsight?
    Last edited by coburn; 18-10-2012 at 01:38 PM.