Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Umarex Browning Buck Mark

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    Quote Originally Posted by coburn View Post
    Eyebull if the Back Mark is like the Record is there a screw on top of the action holding the end plug in, I suspect the end plug is not a threaded fit into the action. This screw may be under the rearsight?
    There's a long screw that holds the rail to the cylinder and the cylinder to the grip - with that off and the cylinder separated from the rest of the action there is another screw underneath that seemed to be the only thing left holding the end plug on. Unfortunately even with this undone I could not remove it Mystified.
    I'll post up the pics either later or tomorrow anyway, maybe you or someone else will spot something I missed?
    Good deals with these members

If its the site I used print out the English Instructions in PDF format on the home page. My Record is according to DHL currently at Cologne on route to the UK.
    Thanks. My Umarex Browning Buck Mark is now on its way.
    "...those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." C.S. Lewis

Buck Mark

It could be that the spring is under so little tension and the end plug is a tight fit, that alone is now holding it in the action.

Try using a screw diver to push the piston back and hopefully this will complete the spring slightly to help push the plug out.

Same thing happened to me with an Osprey!

Buck Mark

Willie

My Record arrived this morning at work, just off to unwrap it, not bad going ordered Tuesday from Germany in Central London 7.30 this morning...

Willie

My Record arrived this morning at work, just off to unwrap it, not bad going ordered Tuesday from Germany in Central London 7.30 this morning...
    Fantastic! That is real service.

Enjoy.
    "...those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." C.S. Lewis

Deep joy, my Umarex Browning Buck Mark has arrived (in fact it arrived yesterday but of course I was out so I've just been to the Post Office to collect it).

No review of mine will be as comprehensive as the excellent one already done by Eyebull but when I've had a bit of a play I'll post any thoughts I have.

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    I'm anxious to hear your thoughts about the pistol, Willie.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post
    I'm anxious to hear your thoughts about the pistol, Willie.

Jim
    Jim, here are my thoughts so far (such as they are).

I like the grip very much, it sits perfectly in the hand.

The cocking action is very easy.

I haven't done a serious test of the pistol's accuracy yet but my impression is that it is good enough when you consider the heavy trigger pull.

I agree with Eyebull that the gun is worth £40-50 but not £70-95. So thank you Sportwaffen Schneider and Eyebull for finding them.

It does remind me of the Record I had in the 70s which gave me hours of simple pleasure so I am glad I bought it.

ATB

W the P

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    I wonder about the build quality: how well it will hold up over time. But I guess at those prices, that's not something I should worry about.
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone