Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: sam k11

sam k11

anyone own or owned one what are they like ,how many shots do you get per bottle etc,are they good at 20m too?
    how much are they worth

I had a SAM K11 until recently, and it was one of the best shooting pistols I have ever owned.

It has a very low barrel position in the hand and a low sightline with a superbly fitting Morini grip.

The trigger is one of the best in the business - infact the SAM pistol in all it's K11, K14 and K15 variants are some of the best in the business but remain one of the best kept secrets.

If you are looking for something "different" that performs at least as well as the more often seen Steyrs and Feinwerkbau's go for the SAM - they really are good!

You can see it pictured on bobsairguns.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

on the site now ,looks so good too!

shame they dont have one of those air gauge fitted to the bottle

They do supply an even better (larger) size presure guage with every SAM pistol, so you can take an even more accurate pressure reading I suppose - but you do have to unscrew the cylinder to fit it.

In real life though, you will never use a full cylinder of air in a nights shooting at the club, so if you fill up before you leave home it will make no difference - and you don't have a small pressure gauge on the end of the cylinder to worry about banging or breaking either.

Without wanting to stray into the debate about whether or not the "rules legal" life cycle of a cylinder is important or not, the solid cylinder end may well contribute to the officially declared 20 year life cycle of the cylinder as it should be more durable and stronger without a pressure gauge on the end of it.
    Last edited by zooma; 04-10-2012 at 03:36 PM.

thank you for the info ,def like the grips on them, how many good shots would they do per fill up

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)

Sam k11

I have a SAM K11; fill to 210 bar and shoot a 60 shot course + a couple of practice cards with no problems. There's a neat little lever that pops out when the pressure drops to around 60 bar or so to let you know it's time to re-fill. If you don't, the pellets tumble, land low and rip the target - gives a bit of a clue

As Bob said, a low barrel line, Morini grip, VERY adjustable and a pleasure to shoot.
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

can they shoot to 20m or are they 10m only pistol

whats the value of them ?rough guide
    Last edited by gtpkeeper; 04-10-2012 at 09:56 PM.

My guess is that all the current PCP match pistols are able to perform in a similar way to each other at 10 meters or 20 metres and so it is just up to you to find the one you like the best to work with.

My guess is that all the current PCP match pistols are able to perform in a similar way to each other at 10 meters or 20 metres and so it is just up to you to find the one you like the best to work with.
    ok thanks
    whats the value of them ?rough guide
    Last edited by gtpkeeper; 05-10-2012 at 09:52 AM.

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Any reasonably high-end second hand target PCP's in good condition (as most are) are going to start around the £450 mark and go up from there depending on condition, manufacturer, extra cylinders, grips, etc. with top-end, excellent condition guns with extra cylinders hitting the £700+ mark.

A minter c/w 2 cylinders on here was up for £500 ono and sold (after a while & don't know the final price), however that was 2 years ago...but perhaps a good starting point if you can find one.

Any reasonably high-end second hand target PCP's in good condition (as most are) are going to start around the £450 mark and go up from there depending on condition, manufacturer, extra cylinders, grips, etc. with top-end, excellent condition guns with extra cylinders hitting the £700+ mark.

A minter c/w 2 cylinders on here was up for £500 ono and sold (after a while & don't know the final price), however that was 2 years ago...but perhaps a good starting point if you can find one
    yup if can find one, spares etc ok thanks for replying

I know for a "new" K14 in the latest SAM type carry case.

This is a bit of a rareity as our local RFD has advised us that no more are being imported currently due to the unfavourable exchange rate against the Swiss Franc.

SAM pistols were never at the cheap end of the market in any case - but they were a good solid buy at the last known new prices - but if they are up with the Feinwerkbau P44 sort of price in the future then I fear they could become even more exclusive!
    Last edited by zooma; 06-10-2012 at 07:12 AM. Reason: Pistol is a K14 - not a K15

I know for a "brand new" K15 with two cylinders in the latest SAM type carry case.
    think new would def be out for me,

then if there rare ,what about spare's if needed ,
    dont want to spend the dosh only to find no spare's when it mess up

perhaps look for another make

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)
    Spares don't seem to be a problem; I had mine serviced a few months ago for a reasonable £45. Now giving 500fps and 4.8 ft/lbs with RWS Meisterkugeln pellets.
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal