Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Air gun buying warning

Unhappy Air gun buying warning

Just thought I would let others know about someone in Charing Kent who scammed me for a advert for a Bsa Cadet in so called collectors condition. I feel such a fool posted cheque, it was cashed and needless to say 6 weeks later and numerous calls no air gun or refund.It was a site called Gumtree. Up until now I have only delt with people on this site and gun shops and had no problems.
    Last edited by BEAR1; 04-10-2012 at 06:39 PM. Reason: spelling mistake

I have just sold a ton of stuff on there and the amount of scamming scum bags on it is unbelievable. You have been unlucky mate don't be hard on yourself. With gumtree I stick with face to face, cash only and use it as a local selling service only. I don't accept or use PayPal on it.

I hope you get it sorted mate that's a right bummer
    Andy
    Kit: AirArms S400: Hawke Sport-HD 3-9x40 AO IR: AirArms CZ200T 6ftlbs with dioptre sight

It sounds like you have a name, a bank account and a home address - plenty of information for his local police to follow up. It's a crime to accept money for goods you don't supply so they are obliged to investigate.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

con

obtaining goods by deception, visit cops make a written statement,they have to investigate, good luck.

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    I'm sure somone will correct me, but I believe that if you have not received goods paid for by cheque you can stop the cheque even after it's been cashed and the bank can reclaim the funds? Worth looking into.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Dave the Frame View Post
    I'm sure somone will correct me, but I believe that if you have not received goods paid for by cheque you can stop the cheque even after it's been cashed and the bank can reclaim the funds? Worth looking into.

Dave
    Definately worth instructing your bank to stop the cheque ; it's your money, just make them do it.

In law the vendor has a responsibility to the customer for up to six years from the date of purchase (in Scotland, five years from discovery of the problem). During this period, the vendor is legally obliged to deal with any claim of breach of contract.

I've also sold stuff on gumtree and had the usual lowlife inquiries ; some people do want to pay by paypal all you have to do is make it clear to the purchaser that they must use a paypal verified address and if they don't or if they underpay or if you think that there will be any problem you just cancel the transaction and it's reversed by paypal at the purchaser's expense

Good luck with the Police investigation.

I was scammed out of £4500 about a year ago.
    Told the Police they are useless with out using language that would get me banned. This all happened a year ago and they have never contacted me to give an update or progress report.
    The funny thing is my wife has managed to find out more than the Police have with only Google as her investigating tool.

Anyway I digress....

Good luck with getting your money back but count on the Police being of any use.
    They flutter behind you, your possible pasts ..

Jackel is offline Welding guru and moderator to the stars
    Can we have some details please
    The impossible I do immediately, miracles take 24 hours..

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE,IT JUST COSTS MORE

Any connection to this?

Lets hope that will resolve the problem Jim. It certainly is a bummer if it hasn't.

Andy
    Member, the Feinwerkbau Sport appreciation Society (over 50's chapter)
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/ Andy, from the North !

Quote Originally Posted by BTDT View Post
    Any connection to this?
    Well spotted, Jim. If there isn't any connection it's one hell of a coincidence.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Give me a shout if you want me to pop round and see if I can collect it for you.I live about 8 miles from Charing and would be happy to help.
    cheers,Pat.
    In saying yes to this air rifle you are confirming that you are not a messer and are allowed to go out in public without your carer

Quote Originally Posted by frontend loader View Post
    Give me a shout if you want me to pop round and see if I can collect it for you.I live about 8 miles from Charing and would be happy to help.
    cheers,Pat.
    Hi, I can also offer some help if you need it. I shoot near Charing every weekend, and live very near Dartford, so could pick it up from Pat ? That's half the distance covered,,,, let us know
    Hope all goes well either way

atb
    Chris

Thanks Pat and Chris for offering to help me . If there help does not work then I will go down the route of reporting to the police.Thanks for every ones help. It is good to know there are still some decent people out there, willing to help someone they don't even know.

Thanks again
    Laurence

Quote Originally Posted by BEAR1 View Post
    Thanks Pat and Chris for offering to help me . If there help does not work then I will go down the route of reporting to the police.Thanks for every ones help. It is good to know there are still some decent people out there, willing to help someone they don't even know.

Thanks again
    Laurence
    Did you notice post number 9 ??????????????????????
    Cloud cuckoo land.