Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lightstream 4.5-14x44 FFP help please

Lightstream 4.5-14x44 FFP help please

Hi guys

Got a secondhand lightstream 4.5-14x44 FFP off here.

Does anyone have the manual that comes with these? Any chance some one could scan it and send me a copy. Think it also comes with a range card?

Many thanks

Quote Originally Posted by brucegill View Post
    Hi guys

Got a secondhand lightstream 4.5-14x44 FFP off here.

Does anyone have the manual that comes with these? Any chance some one could scan it and send me a copy. Think it also comes with a range card?

Many thanks
    Bruce.. I have the box and contents here for a Lightstream and in the box should be the manual... But its in the loft mate so will have a look tomorrow as I don't fancy climbing up there tonight !!
    Daystate Platinum Mk4 100/100 .Lightstream 4.5x14x44 FFP Daystate Mk4 I.S . EB Sniper. Daystate Panther . Lightstream 4.5x14x44 FFP

Thanks mate! Really appreciate.

First impressions are good. Not had a chance to mount it yet though.

On the eye piece, do you rotate it outward for poor eye site and in for good? Can't think of a better way of discribing this lol. Bit worried I could screw the eye piece out too far? Not had a 2 piece scope before.

Thanks again!!

On the eye piece, do you rotate it outward for poor eye site and in for good? Can't think of a better way of discribing this lol. Bit worried I could screw the eye piece out too far? Not had a 2 piece scope before.

Thanks again!!
    The range on the eye relief is massive and it can take a while to focus the reticle.. For Me on both of the lightstreams I have its a case of having then screwed almost right in so havent screwed one right out.. Do understand what you are saying though !

If using a lightstream for HFT there is a certain ammount of paralax error that will not dial out !!

My ones when zeroed at 25 yards s have an impact point just right of centre on the 8 10 and 12 yard targets !! This is absolutely normal on these scopes !!

Remedy on the 8 10 and 12 yarders is to shoot at the left hand edge of the kill zones and return to the centre of the crosshairs from 14 yards out to 45 yards

Took me bloody ages to find that out !!

Absolutely fabulous scopes though with the clarity only usually found on 1000 quid scopes.....

Useless fact time .... There are 14 pieces of glass or lenses in a lightstream scope !!....
    Daystate Platinum Mk4 100/100 .Lightstream 4.5x14x44 FFP Daystate Mk4 I.S . EB Sniper. Daystate Panther . Lightstream 4.5x14x44 FFP

Thanks again!!
    The range on the eye relief is massive and it can take a while to focus the reticle.. For Me on both of the lightstreams I have its a case of having then screwed almost right in so havent screwed one right out.. Do understand what you are saying though !

If using a lightstream for HFT there is a certain ammount of paralax error that will not dial out !!

My ones when zeroed at 25 yards s have an impact point just right of centre on the 8 10 and 12 yard targets !! This is absolutely normal on these scopes !!

Remedy on the 8 10 and 12 yarders is to shoot at the left hand edge of the kill zones and return to the centre of the crosshairs from 14 yards out to 45 yards

Absolutely fabulous scopes though with the clarity only usually found on 1000 quid scopes.....

Useless fact time .... There are 14 pieces of glass or lenses in a lightstream scope !!....

Thanks mate. I've wound mine all the way in and it looks good. Though you can't see the little mark to indicate what zoom it's set on. Guess this wont really be that critical with the FFP though.

Thanks for info re parallax error! Good to know.

And thanks again re looking for you manual/trajectory card.

Cheers
    Bruce

Bruce are you confusing the eye relief adjuster that focuses the reticle with the magnification adjuster that sits just in front of this ???

You should be able to clearly see the marks which indicate what amount of zoom you are using !

The eye relief and magnification or zoom if you like are two separate adjusters...

There is a locking ring that locks the eye relief once you have focused it ... You need to undo it before focusing the reticle then once set lock it back up again....

no mate... If I turn the eye relief all the way in it hides the marker for the zoom.

eye relief wound out

Eye Relief wound in

Hope these images work.

Cheers
    B

Charlts is offline I'm not the Messiah, I'm King of the Creedbros!
    Leicester, Wigston, 171.27 miles North of Calais!
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlieFarlie View Post

Charlie you'll have that px problem all the time and with any high quality scope, as its down to head position. You're not absolutely in line with the scope, do you have them on your Daystates by chance and are the cheek pieces standard?
    The toxicity of lead varies, depending upon the weight of its doseage and its velocity!

Quote Originally Posted by Charlts View Post
    Charlie you'll have that px problem all the time and with any high quality scope, as its down to head position. You're not absolutely in line with the scope, do you have them on your Daystates by chance and are the cheek pieces standard?
    Yes Mate I fully understand the problem and the cause I was trying to give Bruce the heads up without it getting to complicated.. Thanks though !!

Yes Mate I fully understand the problem and the cause I was trying to give Bruce the heads up without it getting to complicated.. Thanks though !!
    It's not the scope though, it's the stock nothing complicated about that.
    The toxicity of lead varies, depending upon the weight of its doseage and its velocity!

no mate... If I turn the eye relief all the way in it hides the marker for the zoom.

eye relief wound out

Eye Relief wound in

Hope these images work.

Cheers
    B
    Blimey I did not realise it was possible to wind the lock ring in that far !! Does it have to be in that far to focus the reticle ?? My 2 are what I consider to be right in given the range of adjustment but still do not cover the alignment dot for the magnification .....

Quote Originally Posted by Charlts View Post
    It's not the scope though, it's the stock nothing complicated about that.
    Mate I do understand what you are saying as it was explained to Me by likely the best shooter in Scotland.....

But not something I would care to go into in depth here as it was not until it was demonstrated in person that I got to grips with it........

Bruce I have copied the user manual which has rangefinding information in it. It basically 4 x A4 sheets so if You send me your address by PM I will get it sent to you ...

Mate I do understand what you are saying as it was explained to Me by likely the best shooter in Scotland.....

But not something I would care to go into in depth here as it was not until it was demonstrated in person that I got to grips with it........
    What?! I thought it was cockring?!
    Last edited by Charlts; 05-10-2012 at 06:51 PM.