Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thinking of selling my collection...

MX5's are really cute and reliable unlike a Midget; but both sooooo girly. TR6's, Lotus 7, Porch, MG MGB, Morgan, Land Rover MKIII, Volvo Saint sport are possibles but some get expensive. All will use all your cash.

Quote Originally Posted by Muskett View Post
    MX5's are really cute and reliable unlike a Midget; but both sooooo girly. TR6's, Lotus 7, Porch, MG MGB, Morgan, Land Rover MKIII, Volvo Saint sport are possibles but some get expensive. All will use all your cash.

It was a TR4/6 that I was thinking of actually

Regarding the Midget being 'girly', I don't see it that way, especially if it has a K series motor coupled to the K-9, 5 speed box

I associate the MX5 and Toyota MR2 with 'girlyness' as my sister has had both (She loved the MX5 and wished she hadn't got rid to get the MR2)..

She's on her second Mercedes Sports car now she can only have small cars as she's very small and can't reach the pedals on all but the Noddy cars she usually buys

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Quote Originally Posted by mallyally View Post
    Not only that Ian IF you sold YOUR collection it would mess up the economy of the western world
    ... and probably upset the Earths axis.

MX5s are fine but very common. Now the Cappo ..
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)
    Quote Originally Posted by mallyally View Post
    Not only that Ian IF you sold YOUR collection it would mess up the economy of the western world
    Not to mention the cost of hiring the entire Stobart fleet to transport it
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

john , am gobsmacked that you would even consider gettin rid of your guns , people on here drool over your collection ,
    Dont do it pal .
    sell the wife first .
    and the beat goes on

Quote Originally Posted by antar View Post
    john , am gobsmacked that you would even consider gettin rid of your guns , people on here drool over your collection ,
    Dont do it pal .
    sell the wife first .

Can't even give the ol' bat away!!

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Bored

Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post
    PLEEZE TALK ME OUT OF IT!!

I've been fancying a nice classic sports car and i'm toying with the idea of selling up my airgun collection to fund a purchase...

I bought an MG Midget a few years ago off fleabay that needed some welding at the bottoms of the panels (in really good condition otherwise) but after a fall at work and general health problems, I don't think i'll ever get it finished..

I always wanted an MGB GT until I saw two absolutely stunning red early Midgets cruising down our road!!

I'm torn between selling up to buy a car and just making do with my ten year old Honda Civic that's boringly reliable!!

Can anyone offer comments on why I should/ shouldn't take this course of action please??

John...

PS I have a large collection of watches that I could fleabay as an alternative.

Hi Mate stay bored keep the Honda Civic, regards Mick
    mickmick
    fas est ab hoste doceri

The only real question do be answered is:

If you sold your guns, are they so unusual/rare/mint etc that they could not be be readily replaced?

If the answer to this is 'yes', then tread very carefully. I have been down this road and lived to regret it. Took me 20 years to replace some of them.

If however the answer is 'No', then get rid, make a profit, buy the damn car, and when you are fed up with it start collecting the guns again, because you will surely want to!

Why not sell the watches; put a 2.0L V-tec in the civic, scare yourself silly with it, then sell it at a good profit and add another gun to your beautiful collection
    Last edited by haloutdoors; 06-10-2012 at 08:01 PM. Reason: Grammar was even worse than it still is :-)

The MX5 is the answer, we have a mk1 and a Mk2 - mk1 actually is a better drive, cheap reliable awesome fun, you can get a really good one for £1000, and keep the guns. Drove an MGB Gt a while back, it's so dated its really not a good experience! The MX5 can be a daily driver, not so other classics, greatly under rated and they will appreciate in time...
    Air arms HFT500, Prosport,
    WH100SK Daystate Griffin

Go for it John, buy the car, you know you want it.
    Oh! and by the way, where will you be selling the guns?
    Mel.

Jon , you have a very fine collection Sir. Dont sell it and then regret it. I has you know from our chats on the UK Chinese Forum had little choice but to sell a large part of my collection (due to a relatives refusel to repay a large sum of money I had lent them). I regret selling them and you would to. So if you dont have to sell them dont, sell a few of youre equally fantastic collection of watches. atb Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by fat man View Post
    Jon , you have a very fine collection Sir. Dont sell it and then regret it. I has you know from our chats on the UK Chinese Forum had little choice but to sell a large part of my collection (due to a relatives refusel to repay a large sum of money I had lent them). I regret selling them and you would to. So if you dont have to sell them dont, sell a few of youre equally fantastic collection of watches. atb Dave.
    I bet on the watchcollectors forum they are advising JB to do the exact opposite.

And on the bonsai growers ......

ATVB, Mick
    When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns .

Quote Originally Posted by walnutfarmmick View Post
    I bet on the watchcollectors forum they are advising JB to do the exact opposite.

And on the bonsai growers ......

ATVB, Mick
    yes very true Mick

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    WHAT ??

Am I reading this right ?

Thought it was only me that had daft notions like this.
    Seriously John Mate, if you did, and thats your business, you would "re-commence" collecting within months, you know you would !
    However, WE dont know how "powerful" your current desire is and as you know, when I decided to flog stuff off for my latest "purchase", nothing stops me !

As advised above, work out what you need and sell just that amount, if the sums dont work out then only you can decided how much to part with it !

Give me a call if you want to discuss.

All the best Mate !

John.
    “An airgun or two”………