Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Air Arms ProSport .177

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by Tullja View Post
    I think that you've made an excellent choice for a springer. I've had one, which by the way is also walnut and .177 cal. , for a little over two years. Since I have not shot it over a chronograph, I'm guessing that mine is shooting around 12 ft. / lbs. I've not done much to mine besides disassemble it, clean out the factory lubes, and re-lube it. It shoots great with no vibration at all.
    I believe that the Pro Sport is at the pinnacle of spring piston air rifles, with the design, looks, quality, and performance. I will keep mine too. In fact, I would also like to get one in .22 cal.
    God Bless,
    Scott
    What he said. The TX might be more user-friendly and the Weihrauchs a bit easier for those of you who like the 20th century, but the ProSport is the ne plus ultra of springer rifles. It might take a little getting used to but it is the best full-power springer air-rifle bar none.

I've recently picked up a brand new one in .22, having had one in .177 for a few years. Great as the .177 is, I was blown away by how smooth and how little recoil the .22 shot with from the off, straight from the box. It is so easy to shoot accurately, and topped with a little WTC handles beautifully.....

johnny k is offline Models mankinis for Ann Summers.

I too have joined the club

Just ordered a pro sport in .177. Looking forward to it. Been a while since I have had a sub 12 ft/lb gun. Should be interesting.
    Chinese springer 0.22, HW100 .177. Selection of powder burners
    When there were extra pies to eat, I avoided them.

mmm well shot mine today and put 5 pellets through a 5mm max hole at 25 yards. The group was away from the bull and I felt I had pulled the shots but I doubt I could pull each shot that well! Got on much better with the underlever and really this gun is very much a keeper. I also have a tx200 hc, theres little to choose between them but the prosport is just such a good looking gun.......
    Air arms HFT500, Prosport,
    WH100SK Daystate Griffin

I feel I have to join in the praise for the pro sport after taking mine out for the fist time yesterday.

Yes it is heavy and I will need to improve technique and add some muscle to shoot it accurately standing, but from any other position it was very accurate. I am definitely the limiting factor in how well it shoots.

Add to this the fact it just looks so good and gives just the right amount of kick when you fire it. The level of feedback you get it so different from a PCP, you just know you have pulled a shot before you see the pellet hit.

Only downside is after half a tin of pellets yesterday, I can feel all the cocking effort in my left arm and shoulder.

Dortw

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    What he said. The TX might be more user-friendly and the Weihrauchs a bit easier for those of you who like the 20th century, but the ProSport is the ne plus ultra of springer rifles. It might take a little getting used to but it is the best full-power springer air-rifle bar none.

Not if you are a left hander it isn't! I agree the PS is an excellent rifle and possibly the prettiest on the market. I don't find it particularly hold sensitive but because of the siting of the loading port on the right it cannot be used by a left handed shooter with a glove. Also the fact that AA don't even offer the rifle with left handed stocks doesn't endear that company to the likes of me. OK in the real world that probably doesn't matter that much but for a left handed competitive shooter the PS isn't an option even with a left handed after market stock fitted.
    That in my book removes it automatically from any list of 'best rifle.'
    I have owned and shot virtually every quality springer on the market. My current 'fave' is my HW97K with full V Glide fitted in a Ginb target stock. I know I offered it for sale recently but saw the light and withdrew the sale before I lived to regret it. The one rifle I aspire to own is the Venom Mamba which to my eyes IS the prettiest springer on the market.
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

Didn't think about that rapidnick but good point! I can imagine how impossible to use the PS would be for a lefty :-)
    Do you guys pay a slight premium for left handed rifles? (Well, stocks).
    When I get my Tx200hc off the missus for Xmas I'm going to do a detailed video review/comparison of the Tx200, Prosport, tuned 97k and another of the BSA R10 Mkii, Hw100KT and the AA S510tc.

I want to test range, accuracy and performance in the feild as well as fit and finish.
    Ill post it once its done.
    Last edited by Dansolo; 04-12-2012 at 07:48 AM.
    Too many guns to list...always room for one more :-)

Ive got a .177 prosport and just can't get on with it. It's beautifully made and lovely to shoot so a credit to air arms but I just can't get on with it for some reason. Do I sell up or keep persevering? Is the main question lol

[QUOTE= Do I sell up or keep persevering? Is the main question lol[/QUOTE]

Keep persevering, I had the same problem then for some reason it just clicked..
    Basc member

*** Looking for a Diana 54/52 ***

Quote Originally Posted by Pigeon sniper View Post
    Ive got a .177 prosport and just can't get on with it. It's beautifully made and lovely to shoot so a credit to air arms but I just can't get on with it for some reason. Do I sell up or keep persevering? Is the main question lol

Almost certainly the stock doesn't suit your shooting style so you need another stock that fixes your head in position relative to the scope and bore better than your present stock.
    The PS IS a fantastic 'out of the box' air rifle for a right handed shooter -or for a left handed shooter who never intends to use a shooting glove and is prepared to buy another stock. I found my PS with a right handed loading port but a left handed special stock really smooth to shoot and not hold sensitive at all. It was as accurate in my hands as any rifle I have owned before or since and prettier than all of them! The only rifle that betters it in the smoothness stakes is a full lazaglided (V Glided) HW77/97 or an Ultraglided TX200. Nothing else really comes close except perhaps a Theoben Fenman/Evolution if you can get on with the firing cycle of gas rams. The Walther LGV might be its equal but the jury is out on that one!!
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

TX200 - cheaper and in my hands better.

I loved my Prosport and am tempted to buy another after a 3 year absence from shooting. I also had tbe TX200 but found the Prosport smoother and easier to shoulder and shoot. I moved from springers into PCP but decided it wasn't for me as I loved springers. I'm certainly an Air Arms fan! I guess its all subjective, what suits one person, may not suit another.

Quote Originally Posted by Dinger View Post
    I loved my Prosport and am tempted to buy another after a 3 year absence from shooting. I also had tbe TX200 but found the Prosport smoother and easier to shoulder and shoot. I moved from springers into PCP but decided it wasn't for me as I loved springers. I'm certainly an Air Arms fan! I guess its all subjective, what suits one person, may not suit another.
    Just back today boys and reading this review makes me lust after a pro sport even more now.......

just need to decide on scope now !

very very nice rifle there mate, congrats, wish i could afford one as there awesome to shoot and deadly accurate

cheers

D

Hi Chaps

Been away from air rifle shooting for a while, and I broke my old pro sport (threaded the screw into the piston from the cocking lever) about 4 or 5 years ago. Never got round to fixing it, got involved with other pusrsuits.

A friend of mine has a fellow who has hunting permission near by, and gave my an invite to go out with them sometime, so got me thinking about getting it fixed.

And to the meat and bones why I am posting.

Pulled the old boy out the cupboard, wiped of the dust, still gleaming and beautiful it is. Fixed the screw issue. and fired a few shots off through the chrono.

Now I'm thinking, 4 to 5 years in a cupboard, with no take down or relube, its going to be sub par..... shock for me.

796 fps +/- 5 fps with JSB Exacts .177 - if ya cant be bothered with the sums, baw hair under the 12 ft/lbs and reasonablly consistant.

Now thats quality engineering for ya

Only downside is now, that i need to wait a few days for a new scope mount to arrive, scope is sitting with bloody weaver mounts on it from use on an air soft sniper gun, and ive lost me old dovetail ones....doh. Cant wait to get this bad boy back in action