Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Paying to shoot

BoNeS Guest

Paying to shoot

A few years back i could not find anywhere to shoot and i payed 40 quid to join a shotgun sydincate for air rifle use, now while it was nice getting out into the country with my rifle there was absoluty nothing there to shoot

how many of you would pay say a hundred quid a year if a sydicate of sorts allowed you permission on some land locally that actually had vermin problems, just thinking out loud really after a conversation i had with someone the other day even now i reckon i would still pay it for some good land with good shooting what say you all??

Gary C Guest
    definitely

Northernspark Guest
    Me too, as long as the sindicate didn't have 200 members.

Steve

throdgrain is offline There I was minding my own business......
    I would most definately pay that yes.
    Mark

Only as a last resort, i.e. I lost my one & only shoot. (But I can't see that happening till the farmer pops his clogs).
    Rgds,
    Dave.
    SkyDrive, Pics, manuals & more.

RemMag is offline We're getting married, Weevie and me.
    I'd happily pay for good land with good shooting. I have free vermin shooting, but if I was paying I would have a contracted right to shoot which could not be taken away at a moments notice, and I would not have to 'justify' my permission by obtaining results. I don't mind, but there is, for example, always the worry that a change of management on the farms I shoot (My land is mainly corporate owned) might result in loss of my FAC, or other headaches.

Kev. (Cambs.) Guest
    Nope, never.

But then again like a lot of the guys round these parts we are surrounded by farms, golf courses and paddocks. Hence there is plenty of land available, not all of which is plagued by coney, but certainly no need to pay for our sport. (other than the odd bottle a Christmas)

Bones if you want to come down for a days shooting sometime let me know, no charge

If you can get Trev to come along even better, last mate off here to come with us was stoaty (aka Glen Urghart ps?) and he enjoyed himself so much he buggered off to scotland

Baz

engin is offline If you can't dazzle them with brilliance...
    Mark

Yes

E

BoNeS Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by baz
    Bones if you want to come down for a days shooting sometime let me know, no charge

If you can get Trev to come along even better, last mate off here to come with us was stoaty (aka Glen Urghart ps?) and he enjoyed himself so much he buggered off to scotland

Baz
    baz that is about the 5th time you have invited me down since we 1st met one of these days i will take you up on the offer

Five times, blimey must be old age memory loss

Baz

bennyblanco Guest
    i am happy to pay, i joined a wildfowling syndicate last year (£60 per anum) i have still only hit one duck but the 350 acres are untouched from the end of january untill september, i then got permision to apply for rimmie on the land which then led to me getting another 270 acres closer to home and a fac
    i have now sold any shotgun that can take big loads of steel because i really couldnt give a **** about ducks and geese, £1.16 a week to blat rabbits with a sako seems very cheap.

all my other bits cost a bottle of wine a year.

Im paying £120 for 500 acres of mixed fields/woodland which the farmer doesnt farm (some EU scheme) anyway im the only airgunner there, four other guys do shotgun but dont shoot rabbits etc. great shoot!

Acenorth. is offline Extreme Ironing World Record Holder.
    Mark, you know about Bala....
    Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
    Don't assume anything.... It makes an ASS out of U and ME

chris ballard Guest
    I was asked to pay for hawking land once, but so far have not had to because it has always been cut short for one admin reason or another.

Most places only really charge if there is managed game or some sort of official shoot.

In hawking, most farmers are more than happy for you to rough hawk for free, although I always slip them a bottle of whiskey or port or the like at christmas.

Cant see the point in paying for vermin shooting, although anyone has the right to make extra income off their land, and nothing should be expected for free (IMHO) then when it is, its a bonus.

As it happens, my best bit of land was paid for (£50-100 a year) but I have lost it for the moment...bugger!!

The bottom line is, if its worth it, pay. Can you have a trial session?