Thread: Competitions for air pistol

Competitions for air pistol

Struggling to find info that seems trustworthy on what competitions are available, besides the MPL advertised here (which I'm lacking other shooters to compete with).

Anyone know what competitions should I be trying to get into for 10m pistol?
    Think my club does C&N or something like that and uses NSRA 10m single-shot targets. Hopefully I can sign up for the next round soon.

I'm also wanting to get into 5-shot rapid fire, are there any leagues/comps for this? Where should I buy targets to get practising?

Thanks!
     •   Morini 200EI
    •••••  Steyr LP50E

Keep trying to find a few more air pistol shooters in your club(s) to join you and shoot in the MPL if you can - if not send me a PM and I will see if we can help you.

I can also recommend the Dorset League - very well organised and good to shoot in - check their site for more details.

Some of the NSRA competitions (most) demand that you also join as an individual member (this would be in addition to your affiliated club membership if you have one) and works out far too expensive for most of us to consider.

.but if funds permit then this is a good choice too!

Bob.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Umarex boys club has postal competitions.
    For AP, rapidfire and other competitions:
    6yrd
    10m
    5shot rapidfire
    and several casual sideshoots

Also exist: Pistol FT
    etcetc

I bought my rapidfire targets at Krueger in germany, iirc.
    ATB,
    yana

Quote Originally Posted by hwtyger View Post
    I bought my rapidfire targets at Krueger in germany, iirc.
    Which one of these did you buy? I was reading the ISSF manual and it shows the spacing, but wasn't sure which was the correct format.

Also, the rule book says:
    The Diameter of the Black is 59.5 mm with a tolerance of 0.2 mm
    The Diameter of the aperture (hole) is 30.0 mm with a tolerance 0.2 mm

I understand the first like, but what is the second? :S (perhaps not clear without a picture of the target)

Thanks!
     •   Morini 200EI
    •••••  Steyr LP50E

The UBC does have a variety of "postal" competitions to shoot all tastes, and recently introduced benchrest rifle.

I mainly stick to 6 yard and 10m, and I am the competitions manager for the 10m 5 shoot air pistol.

Join up and join in a couple.

As already mentioned, the MPL is an excellent competition to take part in. Gather a few friends/colleagues, nominate yourself an official, and start taking part.

This competition also qualifies you to mock the opposition

Kind regards,

Phil
    Last edited by p.m.h; 08-10-2012 at 10:09 PM.
    I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
    >>Classic Air Pistol Association<<
    >>North Manchester Target Club<<

Are these formal or casual competitions? :S
     •   Morini 200EI
    •••••  Steyr LP50E

The competitions run by the UBC are informal, and run on the honour system.

A link to the competition website is »Here«

Kind regards,

Phil

Cool, and are these the best way into eventually being able to do ISSF comps?
     •   Morini 200EI
    •••••  Steyr LP50E

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.
    If your objective is to shoot ISSF then start with it. All NSRA leagues and open championships are shot to ISSF rules. You need to be in an NSRA club with a good target bias and good coaches to learn properly.

I second the Dorset league as a good one to shoot in, but you've just missed the start of the winter leagues.

I would advise that you concentrate on single shot first, when you have reached a standard (90+) then consider 5 shot. The current ISSF and national championship five shot events are shot on the same targets as precision. The only postal 10mt five shot events I'm aware of are Standard Pistol and Sport Pistol leagues run by the Scottish Pistol Association, UK clubs can affiliate.
    Since the UK lost its right to own live fire pistols, the events we used to shoot with .22RF and C/F are now still shot at 25 mts but with five shot air pistol, i.e. Standard pistol, and Sport Pistol. The NSRA do have a proportional 25 mt target for 10 mts which is a bit bigger than the standard ISSF air pistol target.
    Good shooting
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

I think Robin has summed it up nicely.

The UBC is more fun that serious, though they are good practice, and have certainly improved my scores.

With space restrictions for many, 6 yard is a good distance to practice over.

If you want to do 10m pistol to a serious standard, then a club is the best way to go.

Kind regards,

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by raistrick View Post
    Which one of these did you buy? I was reading the ISSF manual and it shows the spacing, but wasn't sure which was the correct format.

Also, the rule book says:
    The Diameter of the Black is 59.5 mm with a tolerance of 0.2 mm
    The Diameter of the aperture (hole) is 30.0 mm with a tolerance 0.2 mm

I understand the first like, but what is the second? :S (perhaps not clear without a picture of the target)

Thanks!
    Iirc, I bought the 1st. Allthough not vιry important, I only use them informally.
    The sec one says, reduced target, so probably for training at shorter distances.
    The others are country specifics.
    Btw, when I open yr link, there αre pics of the targets to be seen?
    ATB,
    yana