Thread: Which Shooting Glove?

Which Shooting Glove?

Hello All,

I am a 10m target air-rifle shooter, and I am looking to buy a decent shooting glove, which can support my palm and wrist.

I shoot (standing) with "Open Palm approach" and my palm and wrist tends to become tired and painfull..so I am thinking to invest in a glove.

I am confused between a couple of models :-

(1) http://www.edinkillie.co.uk/ecatalog...798g50qioofmc2

(2) http://www.edinkillie.co.uk/ecatalog...love-p-59.html

(3) http://www.intershoot.co.uk/acatalog...e-109-222.html

Can someone please share their experience on the above...?

Thanks in advance to all.

The last 1 lóóks kinda rough on the outside (the grip panels). Wouldnt want thát to touch my rifles'finish! Personally, I dont see use for open gloves, as I load/change card with my other hand. If yr having complaints, pain etc, than I woldnt risk the thin 2nd one either. So I'd vote for a sturdy 1 líke nr 3, as long as the grip paddings arent rough.
    I have 1 myself, Anschutz/AHG I believe, full fingers, full leather.
    It ís especially for shooting standing though. I think thats important, cause most rest the rifle on top of their hand with standing position.
    And in the inside with prone/kneeling.
    So I'd look for a glove for standing.
    Besides thát, its really a matter of trying them on for best results. Too thin and you may keep pain/not enough support, too thick, and you'll loose feeling/contact.
    ATB,
    yana

On ma dirt farm near Dudley in the Westmidlands.

Question

Anyone know if there are custom gloves available???

Question Wants one to me own design, see!!!

Anyone know if there is a company making custom target gloves??? Wants one to me own design see!!!

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.
    Ahmed
    The first glove (1) is not suitable as it is trigger hand glove.

The others will do and it is a bit of personal choice, for the open hand hold the glove needs to be a little more flexible and you should avoid the rigid or hard gloves such as the KT rigid as they are designed for sling pressures in prone. You may also prefer an open finger glove as its cooler in summer and also allows you to load with the left hand as many shooters do.
    I like the Kurt Thune Top grip short finger design from Edinkillie which my wife uses, or a cheaper option is the AHG Protech 125 which is also a short finger design from Intershoot.

PS If you wrist hurts, try straightening your hand under the rifle so the first finger lays under and in line with the stock.
    Good shooting
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

Quote Originally Posted by R. P. McMurphy View Post
    Anyone know if there is a company making custom target gloves??? Wants one to me own design see!!!
    Not as far as I'm aware. Oddly the glove is the one bit of kit that isn't made to measure or multi-adjustable. I haven't tried this but I suspect it's quite possible to have a glove made thinner if you need a long and narrow fitting.

I have seen some one somewhere making shooting gloves made to measure but can't remember who! (age thing!) It might have been Pipa at Tenpointnine, she would certainly be a good bet to enquire to.
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

Quote Originally Posted by tim s View Post
    Not as far as I'm aware. Oddly the glove is the one bit of kit that isn't made to measure or multi-adjustable. I haven't tried this but I suspect it's quite possible to have a glove made thinner if you need a long and narrow fitting.
    It does strike me as strange too!

Question

Quote Originally Posted by RobinC View Post
    I have seen some one somewhere making shooting gloves made to measure but can't remember who! (age thing!) It might have been Pipa at Tenpointnine, she would certainly be a good bet to enquire to.
    Robin
    How would I go about contacting Piper at Tenpointnine Robin mate???

TenPointNine Tailoring
    philippa@tenpointnine.co.uk
    www.tenpointnine.com

01902 742869
    07811 378307

She is probably the only person in Britain who can make shooting kit fit perfectly.
    Good shooting
    Robin

Item number 190734523169 on the Bay mate.

Neil
    Current airguns:- Steyr LG110: Steyr LP10: Air Arms HFT500: Weihrauch97 fully customised.