Thread: TAU 7 Match

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I am bumping this thread as MOUSE 1948 is asking for information about a TAU 7 - and all the answers are included in this thread.

Hope it helps!
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Tau 7

Thanks for that zooma i have found all the information very helpful
    and has answered all my questions.

I sold one of my TAU 7 Match pistols locally today, and I am pleased to say it will on active service in the Classic Carbon League.

Great news to know it has a good home and that it will be used and not just looked at now they are getting so rare.

My own TAU Match 7 with the stippled grip is still with me and still think it is a superb pistol with the same sort of dramatic good looks as the Original Model 10 - another Classic !

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    I sold one of my TAU 7 Match pistols locally today, and I am pleased to say it will on active service in the Classic Carbon League.

Great news to know it has a good home and that it will be used and not just looked at now they are getting so rare.

My own TAU Match 7 with the stippled grip is still with me and still think it is a superb pistol with the same sort of dramatic good looks as the Original Model 10 - another Classic !

I am now reluctantly selling my other genuine TAU 7 MATCH pistol as I reduce my target airgun collection size.

http://bobsairguns.com/index.php?opt...ery&Itemid=107

http://bobsairguns.com/index.php?opt...lery&Itemid=49

........now sold !
    Last edited by zooma; 15-09-2016 at 12:02 PM.

I have now sold my own TAU 7 Match to a fellow RMTC club member and I am pleased to see it in regular action every week - and achieving some good consistent scores too!

The start of this thread may also help those that do not know the difference between the TAU 7 and the TAU 7 Match to identify them.

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    I have now sold my own TAU 7 Match to a fellow RMTC club member and I am pleased to see it in regular action every week - and achieving some good consistent scores too!

The start of this thread may also help those that do not know the difference between the TAU 7 and the TAU 7 Match to identify them.
    Roll-on a few years and last week I was fortunate enough to be able to make a deal with my fellow club member and now I have my original TAU 7 Match back with me again.

I was delighted to get this match pistol back as I really enjoy shooting with it and it is still in the same "as new" condition as it was when I first parted with it - well not quite "as new" because when I first owned it I added some stippling to the grip as the only problem I found with the TAU 7 Match was the gloss finish of the laminated grip. It looked really nice, but was not as "grippy" as I would have liked it to be, so I stippled the grip in the usual areas to take care of this.

At the time I was into making and refinishing match pistol grips and I would like to think that my work on this particular grip has enhanced it rather than defaced it, but realise that a purist (collector) would probably think it had been "spoilt" as it was no longer in its original ex-factory finish, but I find it has improved the feel of the pistol and after being parted with it for some time, I am still pleased with the way that it looks and feels.

I spent some time that first evening when I got it back shooting with it on the clubs 10 meter range and was reminded again about just how good these lovely lightweight match pistols really are - far more accurate than this particular shooter will ever be - and with the power adjustment set as it was I probably had about 90 shots before I exhausted the CO2 "bulb".

It is a shame that these TAU 7 MATCH pistols are no longer made as I think they have a lot to offer and were very good value when they could still be bought new.

I have just been onto the TAU site and found this:-

http://www.taubrno.com/tau-7-match--buk-en

It looks like there is a current version of the TAU 7 MATCH still being made, but it now has a walnut grip and no longer comes with the original type laminated grip or the fitted alloy case, but it does look very similar.......and the grip now comes with a stippled finish!

I cannot see from the picture if the pistol still comes with the optional weights and rear "balance bar" of the original, and I have not yet checked what the price would be in £ sterling or if it available in the UK, but it does look very interesting

Checking online I have also found this link to buy a new version TAU 7 MATCH in the UK for £440.00.

www.sureshot-airguns.co.uk; www.sureshot-airguns.co.uk/tau-brno/
    Last edited by zooma; 01-01-2022 at 12:11 PM.