Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TAU 7 Match

TAU 7 Match

I have noticed a fair bit of confusion regarding the TAU 7 and have seen several TAU 7 pistols being offered for sale as a "TAU 7 Match" when in actual fact they are NOT a genuine MATCH.

This is most likely due to a lack of information rather than any serious attempt to fool anybody - but I stumbled upon this when I was searching for more info about the HW45 and thought is was very interesting and may be able to help identify the genuine MATCH variant of the pistol from the others.

http://my.tbaytel.net/coopers/Tau7Review/review.html

Some of the other info was very good too - like always putting a spot of Pellgun oil on the tip of every new CO2 capsule - something I have also found very beneficial as it seem's to atomise and keep everything clean and well lubed - as well as preventing sticking valves.
    Last edited by zooma; 09-10-2012 at 01:43 PM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Yr absolutely right!
    The Tau MATCH wás always sold with laminate 'wood', a selected barrel (3mm ctc actory specs!), and a compensator fitted as standard.
    The Tau SPORT has a luxury, but standard, wood stock, (but has 'Tau' in it) and a better trigger than the Standard.
    The Silhouet is like the Match, but with 10/12" barrel+compensator.
    Match has an alu outlined case. The Silh has a' leather'outlined 1, the Junior a plastic 1.
    The Junior, like it wás, had the Standard trigger I believe, a compensator, but different, and weighs FAR less (850grms!?). So several things have been lightened.

The new Tau 7's, since they also sell he Tau mk8: no more laminate available. The Junior has a different comp(based on the mk8's) and, iirc, a diferent grip. It was 4 sale with either ambi, or r/h grip. Non-adjustable though. I believe it now has the normal adj Tau grip (which, as first, wernt interchangeable, so they altered more).

99 outa 100 sold though are plain STANDARD Tau 7's. I havent seen ánything else 4 sale in non-US really. Those have a 7mm? ctc barrel, non-selected, standard wood grip.

Allthough I must add that most Tau's shoot better tha factory minimum specs. Especially the Junior can be as accurate as the Match!

I always shoot lubed pellets in my Tau's as they're very prone to rust, both inside and out.
    Last edited by hwtyger; 09-10-2012 at 06:25 PM.
    ATB,
    yana

Thanks for your very well informed contribution to this thread that was intended to offer information about the TAU 7 range of pistols.

Your knowledge and enthusiasm for the TAU pistols has not gone unoticed over the years, so thanks for sharing your knowledge and experience with us.

I have found that the use of the Crossman Pellgun oil on the tip of the CO2 capsule every time a new one is inserted helps to keep the inside of the pistol rust free and strongly recommend it.

Wiping the pistol over with an oily rag is also a good idea.
    Last edited by zooma; 09-10-2012 at 12:45 PM.

I'm a big fan too. Always good to see other fans of the Tau 7!
    I also always wipe them off with an oily rag. And every now and than wipe some napier pellet lube onto a new bulb.
    The very old Tau 7's had a different forestock by the way, it was prolonged.
    Every now and than they come up for sale.
    The Standard was for sale in Germany, Frankonia, early ths decennium, for 300 euro's new.
    The Sport was about 400 iirc.
    They didnt stock the match or silhouet.
    I bought my Match in Canada!? from Cibles Canada Targets, and special ordered the Silhouet here in Holland.
    You can buy Tau's directly off the Tau website nowadays. Far easier, ánd cheaper.
    Just order it, and they'll get back to you with an invoice.
    Its not very easy in tsjech, I know, but they dont reply to email very well.
    I ordered my Tau 7 Junior, Tau 200 BT and Tau MK8 this way.

Some more Tau info:
    http://www.citlink.net/~schattler/ar19.htm
    (tgag are Tau importer)
    ATB,
    yana

Tau 7

I do like my Tau 7 [ Standard model, as I now know ] but are they still in production?

Malc

Yes they are. But, as said, slightly revised; no more laminate etc
    Just check out their website, for current models and prices!
    http://www.taubrno.com/
    Last edited by hwtyger; 10-10-2012 at 08:33 AM.
    ATB,
    yana

Quote Originally Posted by malcolmbevan View Post
    I do like my Tau 7 [ Standard model, as I now know ] but are they still in production?

Malc
    The only way to buy a TAU 7 Match now is to try and find a good used example - it's worth the time taken to find a good one as they are a superb match pistol and getting very hard to find.

Plenty of TAU 7 pistols about - but very few genuine MATCH examples.

A good solid investment.

Isnt the 7 match still avail new? Allthough not with laminate grips?
    ATB,
    yana

Quote Originally Posted by hwtyger View Post
    Isnt the 7 match still avail new? Allthough not with laminate grips?
    ....maybe - but I was referring to the "full fat" version with the laminated grips as they are no longer available.

Without the laminated grips - how would anyone know what a TAU Match would look like?

Is it possible to tell if it has a selected barrel?..what else do they do to make it a "Match" pistol these days - or is it now just a "name" and no longer the "special" model it once was?.

I like the look of the TAU 8 Match with the blue laminated grips. Maybe this is the model the factory now promote as their Match pistols?

My guess is that you ( as a devoted TAU fan) already have a TAU 8 - are they as good as the TAU 7 Match?

I'd trust Tau that they sell the 7 Matc ás the 7 Match.
    You cant tell wether the barrel is selected ofcourse, you míght be able to see it if ithas a pellet test with it.
    Allthough I stíll suspect Tau to use a paperpuncher instead.
    The wood ís different from the Standard, as is the trigger and muzzle brake. You oly cant really see the difference between the Sport and the Match.

Yes, I dó have the Tau mk8. It has very straightforward looks, a rare cocking design, and 300 bar technique. Yu only get a 200bar adapter with it though.
    Instructions are very basic, a papersheet with mainly pictures.
    Mine is/was 4 sale, as I cant seem to get along with the balance.
    Its not based onthe 7 anyway.
    ATB,
    yana

Quote Originally Posted by hwtyger View Post
    Mine is/was 4 sale
    Really? Are you offering it for sale?
    I would be interested in your price on this.

f2f might prove challenging though.

Cheers,

Mick

Yes, there should be an add somewhere on the bbs for 525 pound or something.
    I'd have to check its function though, it has been lying around a while.
    ATB,
    yana

Does the TAU 8 come in a case with two cylinders and the usual sort of TAU tools - like on the TAU 7 Match?

Do you have a picture of yours I can see please?

I am bumping this thread as MOUSE 1948 is asking for information about a TAU 7 - and all the answers are included in this thread.

Hope it helps!

Tau 7

Thanks for that zooma i have found all the information very helpful
    and has answered all my questions.