Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: scope on springer problem

Quote Originally Posted by Bi11 View Post
    This might be a stupid suggestion, but you're not using 30mm mounts on a 25mm scope?
    Why did I have to be drinking tea when I read that ?

Quote Originally Posted by alltest400 View Post
    can't get them any tighter mate, they are closed both sides. the scope is a 6-18x40 pro air
    Use a lighter scope. All my scopes mounted on springers are under 12oz. A 6-18 PA is approx 20IIRC and has a lot of inertia.

got to be the mounts then mate. will try some others, thanks for that mate
    Has to be the mounts themsleves Ant. Rubber strips should solve the problem if you really just want to use your existing mounts BUT------

The 80 is a big beast and so on my .22 Venom Maglaza 22 ft lb FAC one I use a Sportsmatch one piece mount with arrestor pin. A V Mach tuned 80 really deserves a good mount doesn't it?
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

aston_shooter is offline Sod the PCs, wheres me gun.......
    Quote Originally Posted by POK! View Post
    Use a lighter scope. All my scopes mounted on springers are under 12oz. A 6-18 PA is approx 20IIRC and has a lot of inertia.
    NOt 100% sure but I seem to recall the Pro-Air being aimed at springer use in particular, but what you're saying makes sense, although decent mounts should still put a stop to it, or at least I'd hope so. When I bought my tuned 80 it had a Simmons 6-24x44 on it, huge scope, but that was fine. It was on a one-piece Sportsmatch mount though.

Quote Originally Posted by POK! View Post
    Hate to disagree with you but surely the Pro Air should be perfect on a HW80? It was designed for magnum springers. I use them on my Webley Patriot and HW80 -both powerful FAC rifles. More to the point I used one on every Eliminator I have ever owned and they never budged. Any scope that copes with a powerful gas ram should be fine for a legal limit rifle-even the notorious scope busting TX200SR!!
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    Fairly obviously the clamp is not tight enough to hold the scope securly, either give the bolts a tweek or line the clamp with tape to provide more grip.

or if the clamp is secure to the rifle position the scope so that either a turret or the objective bell butt up against the clamp.

All that will do is damage the scope.

Use a good sports match one peice mount, the size/weight of the scope shouldn't be a factor either.

As for a bad advert for v-Mach, what a load of utter rubbish, Steve popes 2 year waiting listing says it all.

Quote Originally Posted by bozzer View Post
    A few decades of airgun tuning genius with hundreds of drooling satisfied customers Vs a pair a mounts that aren't doing the job ... I think Pope's rep will survive.

BZ
    Fair comment but the way some describe Vmach, you'd think you would n't even need to clamp the scope and it would n't move

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrets Bueller View Post
    As for a bad advert for v-Mach, what a load of utter rubbish, Steve popes 2 year waiting listing says it all.
    hahaha Calms darn ,calms darn

Sounds like naff mounts, Sportsmatch, BKL or B-Quare should sort it. I did have a scope on my TX using single strap BKL mounts and that did not move a single mm. Ok not the ideal mounts double would be better but it shows what good mounts can do, i did use a home made arrestor block on the rails though
    Set Bazookoids to kill stuff and mount. We're going in!

no mate they wouldn't fit, been shooting guns since a little boy, and never come across this, mostly shoot rapids etc.. but thought i would give my springers a chance.
    Stupid question then

Quote Originally Posted by Penfold View Post
    hahaha Calms darn ,calms darn

Darn?

Is that a failed scouser joke/insult?

Shame I'm not a scouser isn't it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrets Bueller View Post
    Darn?

Is that a failed scouser joke/insult?

Shame I'm not a scouser isn't it.
    Neither , it's trying to diffuse but someone seems to be a tad highly strung or maybe just having a bad day

I shall now politely say back to topic and leave well alone.

Have a nice day

sportsmatch mount now on,

now going to zero......

have to say they look nice on the gun.

http://i549.photobucket.com/albums/i...0/IMG_1213.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Penfold View Post
    Neither , it's trying to diffuse but someone seems to be a tad highly strung or maybe just having a bad day

I shall now politely say back to topic and leave well alone.

Have a nice day

Ha ha what a tit.

sportsmatch mount now on,

now going to zero......

have to say they look nice on the gun.

http://i549.photobucket.com/albums/i...0/IMG_1213.jpg
    Good luck, let us know how you get on.