Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: scope on springer problem

Quote Originally Posted by aston_shooter View Post
    NOt 100% sure but I seem to recall the Pro-Air being aimed at springer use in particular, but what you're saying makes sense, although decent mounts should still put a stop to it, or at least I'd hope so. When I bought my tuned 80 it had a Simmons 6-24x44 on it, huge scope, but that was fine. It was on a one-piece Sportsmatch mount though.
    Not saying a quality mount won't secure just that lighter scopes on springers makes sense. A heavy scope first resists movement then once it's moving wants to continue moving and has to cope with sudden and violent change in direction that's different from firearm recoil. At least the PA's were designed to cope apparently. I've always felt that heavy scopes on b/b springer is just wrong, but that's just my personal opinion/preference.

aston_shooter is offline Sod the PCs, wheres me gun.......
    Quote Originally Posted by POK! View Post
    Not saying a quality mount won't secure just that lighter scopes on springers makes sense. A heavy scope first resists movement then once it's moving wants to continue moving and has to cope with sudden and violent change in direction that's different from firearm recoil. At least the PA's were designed to cope apparently. I've always felt that heavy scopes on b/b springer is just wrong, but that's just my personal opinion/preference.
    Yeah, I understood and agree with what you're saying.

I also prefer a smaller scope on a springer, although mainly because they're bloody heavy enough as it is

Try double sided adhesive between the mounts and the scope

scope is now sitting perfectly on the gun, and has just taken down its first squizzer

Quote Originally Posted by alltest400 View Post
    scope is now sitting perfectly on the gun, and has just taken down its first squizzer

Result

Quote Originally Posted by Pete_Shearer View Post
    Personally use 1 piece mounts or can you use the mount locator pin thingy?
    Same here and always a top quality mount too!!!!! That one that is Made in England is the ones i use
    John Darling JD (1946-2004) was my inspiration to be the best i can and enjoy the sport i love. R.I.P
    A dedicated HW80 Fanatic and owner since 1986 to present.

File

no mate mint scope not a mark on it, i wonder if its the mounts? they are hawk one piece, maybe sportsmatch will be better?
    You could always take a flat file to the mount. Just take a little off the halves where they seem to be touching.

never had that problem with springer sportsmatch one peice mount normaly does the trick

Sounds like you need a pair of vernier callipers, you can then measure the outside of the scope where it mounts and also the inside of the mounts when tightened, you'll know what your up against then, scope too small - mounts too big...takes out the guess work.

Er ... for those that are still posting, that clearly haven't bothered reading the whole thread ... the bloke's put new mounts on ... it's sorted ... he's out killing squirrels ...

The old mounts were sh!te.

... but carry on ...

no mate mint scope not a mark on it, i wonder if its the mounts? they are hawk one piece, maybe sportsmatch will be better?
    I'll only use Sportsmatch on airguns, won't touch anything else, unless you want firearms grade stuff BKL etc
    More problems caused by crap mounts, than by crap scopes, and there are enough of those around too -

SPORTSMATCH

Must be a little ditty you can make up, 'use Sportsmatch, because their mounts are made properly', something simple like that to a nice tune ...

I really like SPORTSMATCH mounts, just in case anyone missed it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PCPShooter View Post
    Must be a little ditty you can make up, 'use Sportsmatch, because their mounts are made properly', something simple like that to a nice tune ..
    Are you alright?

Quote Originally Posted by bozzer View Post
    Are you alright?
    I'm alright because I use SPORTSMATCH mounts, made right here in jolly blighty lol !

LOL

I take it you didn't win this year's BBS Lymerick comp then fella.

I'm starting to have terrible images of you in a cheerleader's outfit jumping up and down waving your pom poms shouting ...

" Sportsmatch Sportsmatch .... Rah Rah Rah "