Thread: Jackal Parabellum Woodstock reborn

Jackal Parabellum Woodstock reborn

Dear All

About 6 or 7 months ago I purchased a wreck of a gun from Rickenbacker on here.

It is a very early Jackal - the "Woodstock" version of the Parabellum. Long barrel and military sights - not to be confused with the later "Woodsman"

It arrived with me in a rather sorry state, completely missing the entire sidelever assembly, the stock scratched and worn and the metalwork scratched and pitted.

I decided to do what I could with her.

I've redone the stock as best I could given the state of it and Richard Harvey (RichardH on here) worked his magic on the action. Given the poor state it was in he has done an amazing job IMO

I managed to source the correct sidelever assembly for 50 quid almost unused

I still need to get a couple of the correct screws, a front sight (on order) and get the trigger guard and rear sight mounting screw reblued (forgotten 1st time around)

Here she is in what I would calll 95% completed form

http://s791.photobucket.com/albums/y...m%20Woodstock/

She is shooting at 9.5 ft lb but that's plenty for this old girl to be running at.

She won't win any beauty contests but she is a rare survivor - anyone esle here with a Jackal Parabellum Woodstock?

Cheers
    Matty
    Last edited by MattyBoy; 10-10-2012 at 10:31 PM.
    Opportunity is missed by most people, because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

Hi Matty,
    nice revival project. I haven't got a Woodstock but I have got a Jackal Wooden-Restock! I finished the stock for the action left from the plastic
    stock I sent to you. I used some Oregon Yew and did an old sporter type of thing. It's set at about 8ft lb and is a fun plinker.

http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/...6/P1000961.jpg

torrens

Quote Originally Posted by torrens View Post
    Hi Matty,
    nice revival project. I haven't got a Woodstock but I have got a Jackal Wooden-Restock! I finished the stock for the action left from the plastic
    stock I sent to you. I used some Oregon Yew and did an old sporter type of thing. It's set at about 8ft lb and is a fun plinker.

http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/...6/P1000961.jpg

torrens
    Oh mate that is lovely

Looks like a Beeman C1 stock...

Great looking old girl now - much nicer stock than that ABS lump that I have propping up the spare room wall

I love these sidelever Jackal/AA guns

Matty
    Opportunity is missed by most people, because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

Hi Matty,
    unfortunately I tried the Jackal after I'd agreed to send you the stock and it was so accurate I had to keep the action and use it. The trigger guard by the way is a reworked
    Air Arms TX which I thought appropriate.

atb torrens

Nice!

Hi Matty

Another nice rescue job from y'r good self (and Richard)!

The only thing that gun had going for it was it's relatively early date. Otherwise it would surely have been one for the parts bin...

If I may - here are the 'before' pictures, as I found it:

http://s662.photobucket.com/albums/u...jackal%20wood/

I think they are actually quite flattering photos, as it really was rough, incomplete, and the years of ingrained dirt into the stock that had lost any signs of a finish long ago ...

Again, salutations to you, good Sir

Very nice Matty- well done for saving this fine old girl!!

Torrens- your stock is gorgeous

I had a Jackal Woodsman or Woodstock (can't remember which was which!!)..

It started out with the longer barrel, I acquired an 8" barrel and fitted that but don't have a clue what I did with the longer barrel

It's the one at the extreme right hand side

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    Hi Matty

Another nice rescue job from y'r good self (and Richard)!

The only thing that gun had going for it was it's relatively early date. Otherwise it would surely have been one for the parts bin...

If I may - here are the 'before' pictures, as I found it:

http://s662.photobucket.com/albums/u...jackal%20wood/

I think they are actually quite flattering photos, as it really was rough, incomplete, and the years of ingrained dirt into the stock that had lost any signs of a finish long ago ...

Again, salutations to you, good Sir

Thanks for those pictures Phil. I did not take any "before" shots so really pleased you had those for the "story in pictures"

Yes it's an early one - 1977/78 I am waiting to see if AA have records back that far.

There is a website called Relics selling reproduction front sights which look identical to the originals which is great - 12.50 posted - waiting on this

ATB
    Matty