Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: scope on springer problem

scope on springer problem

trying to set up my scope on my hw80, getting it all lined up and noticed the scope is sliding back in the mounts, mounts aren't moving just the scope. mounts are tightened.

doing my head in now, thinking of selling and just shooting my pcp's.

the 80 has a vmach kit fitted, but the kick back is making the scope move.

anything that can be done to stop it?

cheers all

Personally use 1 piece mounts or can you use the mount locator pin thingy?

Quote Originally Posted by Pete_Shearer View Post
    Personally use 1 piece mounts or can you use the mount locator pin thingy?
    pins in and using one piece mount, its the actual scope that is sliding and not the mount

Fairly obviously the clamp is not tight enough to hold the scope securly, either give the bolts a tweek or line the clamp with tape to provide more grip.

or if the clamp is secure to the rifle position the scope so that either a turret or the objective bell butt up against the clamp.

Dampa mount.

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    Fairly obviously the clamp is not tight enough to hold the scope securly, either give the bolts a tweek or line the clamp with tape to provide more grip.

or if the clamp is secure to the rifle position the scope so that either a turret or the objective bell butt up against the clamp.
    can't get them any tighter mate, they are closed both sides. the scope is a 6-18x40 pro air

Quote Originally Posted by alltest400 View Post
    can't get them any tighter mate, they are closed both sides. the scope is a 6-18x40 pro air
    Sounds like the scope's tube is already crushed

A couple of thin strips of rubber (bicycle inner tube etc) might sort it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    Sounds like the scope's tube is already crushed

A couple of thin strips of rubber (bicycle inner tube etc) might sort it out.
    no mate mint scope not a mark on it, i wonder if its the mounts? they are hawk one piece, maybe sportsmatch will be better?

aston_shooter is offline Sod the PCs, wheres me gun.......
    Get a better/new set of mounts, this shouldn't be happening. As mentioned; try some tape or something to shim up the mounts. If the mounts are fully closed up then the tube must be crushed unless the mounts are cr@p, they shouldn't be fully closed.

If the scope tube was crushed in at the mount points then the scope wouldn't move back.

If you have tightened them up as tight as they will go and it isn't crimping the tube on the scope then you simply need different mounts.

My 1 inch mounts on my Pro Air scopes still have a gap either side.

Take your scope into a decent shop and try some mounts that will hold it tight without the clamps touching.

How about some strips of cycle tyre innertube between the scope and mounts??

P.S Not a great advert for Vmach

Quote Originally Posted by bozzer View Post
    If the scope tube was crushed in at the mount points then the scope wouldn't move back.

If you have tightened them up as tight as they will go and it isn't crimping the tube on the scope then you simply need different mounts.

My 1 inch mounts on my Pro Air scopes still have a gap either side.

Take your scope into a decent shop and try some mounts that will hold it tight without the clamps touching.
    got to be the mounts then mate. will try some others, thanks for that mate

This might be a stupid suggestion, but you're not using 30mm mounts on a 25mm scope?

Quote Originally Posted by Bi11 View Post
    This might be a stupid suggestion, but you're not using 30mm mounts on a 25mm scope?
    no mate they wouldn't fit, been shooting guns since a little boy, and never come across this, mostly shoot rapids etc.. but thought i would give my springers a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Penfold View Post
    P.S Not a great advert for Vmach
    A few decades of airgun tuning genius with hundreds of drooling satisfied customers Vs a pair a mounts that aren't doing the job ... I think Pope's rep will survive.

BZ