Thread: BSA 240 magnum

BSA 240 magnum

I dont know if its me but I can't hit anything with this,
    It is powerful .22 and looks nice but that's about it.

Anyone else have same prob??

I used to have one of those in the same calibre, excellent pistol and it shot much better than my HW45's, in hindsight I should never have sold it. Could hit clothes pegs at 15 yards all day long and tin cans end on at 30 and beyond. Never really tried to shoot groups with it.

John
    Law of any kind only affects those willing to abide by it.

Bsa 240

Cheers John, yes I'm trying to shoot groups with it, I think
    I'll just stick some tins up or something lol

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Its a lightweight powerful springer pistol so it might need some very good technique to get consistent accuracy out of it. It may also be fussy with pellets. Try a lightweight match pellet like RWS Hobby, and clean the barrel first. With the hold, try a variety of grips from holding it lightly to a very firm and see which one gives the best grouping. I have found with pistols that the 'artillery' hold much beloved of the FT springer shooter, where the rifle is held very gently and is allowed to move around during the shot cycle, does not work so well with pistols. You may have to hold on to it fiercely and tame the beast!

Good luck!

They need a firm but not tight grip, and I find using your left index finger rested on the trigger guard grooves helps tame the recoil. They are a pig to shoot well, but great pistols when you learn to shoot them.

Mine was .177 and I could only hit things if I did not think about it.
    As soon as you are on target fire!
    Lift aim shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrets Bueller View Post
    great pistols when you learn to shoot them.
    They are hold-sensitive and on the lively side, but I agree, great pistols when you get to know them, like Webleys, satisfying and enjoyable to shoot in a way that some pistols are not. I prefer my 240 Magnums over my HW45.

240 magnum

Thanks for your replies guys , I'll have to start practicing

Quote Originally Posted by negotiator View Post
    I dont know if its me but I can't hit anything with this,
    It is powerful .22 and looks nice but that's about it.

Anyone else have same prob??
    I bought one brand new when they first came out and i had the same problem as you,the accuracy was awfull even at 6 yards.Funnily enough,my hw45 was a very accurate pistol...

I too bought one new from Tom Coopers gun shop that was in Hanley, Stoke on Trent (now long gone) the O ring that seals the breach fell out after the first shot so i had to get it exchanged for another. I have to agree about the accuracy, mine was rubbish and i immediately sold it on. I was not to keen on the wooden grip either, looked like a work in progress and not finished somehow!