Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Record Air Pistols

Record Air Pistols

Now I've never paid these much attention when I've seen them at Arms Fairs but I noticed the other day that this company still exists in Germany.

Their model range is fairly small a smoothbore fixed sight Model 1, a fixed sight rifled Model 2 and a "match" version Model 3 with rifled barrel, adj sights and better grips.

There cheap and cheerfull but look like fun so I've just ordered a Model 3 from Germany for the equivilent of £65, I dont expect it will set the world on fire but looks a fun plinker.

Anyone got one of the older models here in the UK, info on the web is very limited.

http://www.record-firearms.de/en/pro...dell-lp-3.html

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Oh great, another thing to add to my "must have" list!

When i was a boy the gun shop in Maidstone used to have the 1 & 2's and I coveted them both. A model three? Well, I gotta get me one! Please tell me all I need to know to make my wife despair, can I just order it from t'interweb? she's had it too easy for nearly a week now.
    God rest ye jelly mental men

My first ever airgun was a,record model 2 when I was 11 years old, shooting bulldog pellets I shot many thousands of pellets thoough it until one day it broke, I was gutted.

I believe they are made from die cast metal so are,prone to breakages.

Always wanted a jumbo and will get one and another model 2 when I can.

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrets Bueller View Post
    My first ever airgun was a,record model 2 when I was 11 years old, shooting bulldog pellets I shot many thousands of pellets thoough it until one day it broke, I was gutted.

I believe they are made from die cast metal so are,prone to breakages.

Always wanted a jumbo and will get one and another model 2 when I can.
    I had a jumbo deluxe! You could put pellets in the grip and shake it like maracas!
    God rest ye jelly mental men

I have a Model 68 that I've had for over twenty years and also a Jumbo that I got off here a few years ago.
    Zastava Owners Club.

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    Quote Originally Posted by coburn View Post
    Now I've never paid these much attention when I've seen them at Arms Fairs but I noticed the other day that this company still exists in Germany.

Their model range is fairly small a smoothbore fixed sight Model 1, a fixed sight rifled Model 2 and a "match" version Model 3 with rifled barrel, adj sights and better grips.

There cheap and cheerfull but look like fun so I've just ordered a Model 3 from Germany for the equivilent of £65, I dont expect it will set the world on fire but looks a fun plinker.
    Will be interested to see what you think when it arrives, keep us posted.

It may go on the 'list'.... loving the mail order at the moment!

As an aside, does anyone know why they stopped making the Jumbo? I would love to buy a new one of these...
    Good deals with these members

Record

I am off to Bisley this Saturday for the Trafalgar Arms Fair and meeting, I suspect there will be a very well known trader there with one or two on his stand.

I like the idea of an old Model 2 with the white grips.

I have an older LP77, looks very space age, or it did when I first saw it many years ago.

Cheaply made and very rattly, but still a unique gun looks wise.

Kind regards,

Phil
    I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
    >>Classic Air Pistol Association<<
    >>North Manchester Target Club<<

It used to be the case that the Model 1 was smoothbore, fixed sights; Model 2 was rifled, adjustable sights; and Model 3 was rifled, adjustable sights and large grip. Older versions had a different barrel casing as well, without the foresight hood.

As for the Jumbo, did its demise coincide with the rise of the Umarex CO2 replicas? (I don't know, that's just a guess.)

Iain

I had a jumbo in the eighties, loved it. Thought seriously about replacing recently but fear that guns may be like cities - you shouldn't go back?
    Mo brístí ar an tine.

i also had a jumbo crackin little gun mine had the walnut grips
    yes i would buy another

I bought a Jumbo from Tony.T on here last month.

I'd never heard of them before, but a work colleague told me he was after one and a few weeks after that Tony advertised his. I agreed to buy it on behalf of my mate and then he changed his mind and bought a Scorpion I felt obliged to go through with the sale even though Tony said it was fine to pull out.
    Glad I did, the guns a belter - loads of fun.

Bulmer does a strip of the Jumbo in one of the mags a few years ago.

He said Record guns (at least the older ones) improve greatly with proper lubrication.

The first airgun I ever fixed was a Model 1. The sear had worn and needed to be reground, fits with the idea that the metal was to soft.
    Zastava Owners Club.

I've got a Jumbo Delux and a Champion. The Jumbo is a great little pistol, not much to look at but an ingenious design and reasonably well-made apart from the poor choice of alloy it's cast from. They get brittle with age in areas where the metal gets stressed, around the breech plug for instance. If the steel screws that hold them together are fitted without a thread seal or grease, the alloy around them corrodes resulting in the destruction of the threads, so if you do strip one down, don't reassemble it dry. Spares are getting difficult to get hold of. They have an unusual elliptical piston head and the barrels have an unusual shallow kind of rifling which is designed to spin the pellet without much friction so as to sap less power and make the best of the tiny swept volume. Good fun and surprisingly accurate! Although it's a short-range plinker mine seems to shoot Marksman Pointed pellets well, the only airgun I have that does!

The Champion is also good fun, although again, spares are getting difficult to find. It's larger than the Jumbo but made of the same material and has the same elliptical piston, but is a sidelever-cocked, magazine-fed pistol. It only works with flat-head pellets, I have found that Milbro Match feed more reliably than Bisley Practice, Gecos or Hobby pellets. It's quite accurate having a longer barrel than the Jumbo but has the same shallow rifling.

I like pistols that are unusual and quirky in design and these pistols certainly are that!

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    You guys are getting me all nostalgic for something I've never used

About time they remade the Jumbo with nice materials?
    Good deals with these members