Thread: Air Pistol Training

Question Air Pistol Training

Has anyone tried this before? http://www.airpistoltraining.com/the-program/

(*just* $37!.... somehow it sounds like he's trying to tell me he can make my pistol bigger...)
     •   Morini 200EI
    •••••  Steyr LP50E

I've seen that site before, it seems as though it is a typical sales site to me, though I could well be wrong. However I would suggest if you can find a coach near by that will work with you would be a far better option as they can see first hand what you are doing, suggest any corrections that need working on and also give you a training plan to help you move forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Shooter560 View Post
    I've seen that site before, it seems as though it is a typical sales site to me, though I could well be wrong.
    Soon as I heard the price discounts I thought it sounded like a con. I'd have preferred it if he was in the video too.

Finding a coach isn't an easy task and most people seem to have a "what works best for you" attitude.
     •   Morini 200EI
    •••••  Steyr LP50E

PM me your email address and I'll send you something

tufty is offline I wondered how that worked..
    Watched the video,which is basically a run through of the NSRA training course manual for club instructors,any club instructor,of which I am one,would be far better placed to improve your shooting,a training programme needs to be tailored to suit the shooter,it's not a one size fits all kind of sport.
    To give you a good example,I am currently training a young shooter who is left eye dominant,but insists on shooting right handed as her left arm isn't strong enough to hold the pistol for more than 7 shots,the options are,
    Learn to shoot left handed
    Use a blinder to train her to shoot with her right eye,my preferred choice!
    Use a canted grip
    Give up shooting,and concentrate on strength training until hold is improved with left arm

Hopefully this emphasises how personal your training needs to be
    Steyr LG110 Hunter,AA410 in Gary Cane stock,HC, Steyr LP50,Morini 164ei,Morini CM84e,Anschutz 1417 thumbhole,Rimfire Magic 10/22,Anschutz 1913,Rieder and Lenz Z2,Keppeler 6mmbr

Quote Originally Posted by tufty View Post
    To give you a good example,I am currently training a young shooter who is left eye dominant,but insists on shooting right handed as her left arm isn't strong enough to hold the pistol
    I do the same, but can't understand why it's a problem for targets. In clay shooting it had it's moments of being a pest (generally for skeet on stands 5-7), but with enough mount practise I found my focus just switched when sights were present for an eye.

Any rate, still no coach near here that I can find, so maybe it's not a bad idea for people like me!
     •   Morini 200EI
    •••••  Steyr LP50E