Thread: The best co2 pistol

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The best co2 pistol

Hi guys i'm after a co2 pistol new or s/h upto £200
    whats the best/worst ? must be 177 pellett no bb's
    i have seen the desert eagle blow back & quite like the look but it gets mixed reports
    or the beretta 92
    it will be used for plinking at home & on the club range

thanks chris

I have the berretta and recommend it - accurate and powerful enough with a good multishot magazine. I also have a colt bb, total waste of time, very inaccurate and no power at all.......
    Air arms HFT500, Prosport,
    WH100SK Daystate Griffin

Umarex S & W 6" if you want a decent pretty accurate sport pistol. Tau 7 target pistol for pure accuracy.
    Walther CP-2 Match, FAS 604 & Tau 7 target pistols, Smith & Wesson 6" & 4" co2 pistol, Crosman 1377,
    Baikal IZH 53 pistol, Gamo CFX Royal,177, Umarex SA-10 CO2 pistol.

The Desert Eagle is awful. It looks bad and it shoots badly. Mine was passed on quickly. I am not a fan of the fake automatics so I would go with the S&W if you can live with the cylinder.

I much prefer BBs in a CO2 gun though. Less accurate granted, but more fun and power is not something you should worry too much about with the majority of CO2 pistols, just concentrate on having fun.

EDIT: In answer to your title question, I don't think there is a "best" CO2 pistol, but there are many that people prefer.
    Great Deals with : Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich

Agreeing on the S&W 6", fantastic piece of kit, accurate too.

Get a few spare mags as easy to fire quick

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Depends whats important to you really....multi-shot? real steel lookalike? decent trigger? acuracy? power?
    All of the Umarex offerings are much of a muchness although the S&W would be my choice of these as well especially with its 10 shots vs. all the others 8 shots with the 1911 coming a close 2nd (although the grip safety irritates me, but can be pinned).
    The Walther is pretty good as well.
    The Beretta has reputation for having a slightly heavier trigger, but I've not tried one myself.
    £200 puts you within reach of some fairly decent European guns and collectables as well.
    Custom Crosman 2240's are another possibilty...

Quote Originally Posted by blooregard View Post
    The Desert Eagle is awful. It looks bad and it shoots badly. Mine was passed on quickly. I am not a fan of the fake automatics so I would go with the S&W if you can live with the cylinder.

I much prefer BBs in a CO2 gun though. Less accurate granted, but more fun and power is not something you should worry too much about with the majority of CO2 pistols, just concentrate on having fun.

EDIT: In answer to your title question, I don't think there is a "best" CO2 pistol, but there are many that people prefer.
    Have to disagree with that edit of yours, my fwb model 2 will give alot of modern pistols a run for their money. Very accurate, 200+ shots per charge of 50g co2 with 6.35kg of co2 @ £13

Quote Originally Posted by willo1962 View Post
    Have to disagree with that edit of yours, my fwb model 2 will give alot of modern pistols a run for their money. Very accurate, 200+ shots per charge of 50g co2 with 6.35kg of co2 @ £13
    Actually you just backed the edit up perfectly! Thats the pistol you prefer as it suits your needs, what's best for you may not be best for everyone else.
    Great Deals with : Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich