Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The best co2 pistol

The best co2 pistol

Hi guys i'm after a co2 pistol new or s/h upto £200
    whats the best/worst ? must be 177 pellett no bb's
    i have seen the desert eagle blow back & quite like the look but it gets mixed reports
    or the beretta 92
    it will be used for plinking at home & on the club range

thanks chris

I have the berretta and recommend it - accurate and powerful enough with a good multishot magazine. I also have a colt bb, total waste of time, very inaccurate and no power at all.......
    Air arms HFT500, Prosport,
    WH100SK Daystate Griffin

Umarex S & W 6" if you want a decent pretty accurate sport pistol. Tau 7 target pistol for pure accuracy.
    Walther CP-2 Match, FAS 604 & Tau 7 target pistols, Smith & Wesson 6" & 4" co2 pistol, Crosman 1377,
    Baikal IZH 53 pistol, Gamo CFX Royal,177, Umarex SA-10 CO2 pistol.

The Desert Eagle is awful. It looks bad and it shoots badly. Mine was passed on quickly. I am not a fan of the fake automatics so I would go with the S&W if you can live with the cylinder.

I much prefer BBs in a CO2 gun though. Less accurate granted, but more fun and power is not something you should worry too much about with the majority of CO2 pistols, just concentrate on having fun.

EDIT: In answer to your title question, I don't think there is a "best" CO2 pistol, but there are many that people prefer.
    Great Deals with : Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich

Agreeing on the S&W 6", fantastic piece of kit, accurate too.

Get a few spare mags as easy to fire quick

harvey_s is online now Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Depends whats important to you really....multi-shot? real steel lookalike? decent trigger? acuracy? power?
    All of the Umarex offerings are much of a muchness although the S&W would be my choice of these as well especially with its 10 shots vs. all the others 8 shots with the 1911 coming a close 2nd (although the grip safety irritates me, but can be pinned).
    The Walther is pretty good as well.
    The Beretta has reputation for having a slightly heavier trigger, but I've not tried one myself.
    £200 puts you within reach of some fairly decent European guns and collectables as well.
    Custom Crosman 2240's are another possibilty...

I like my Desert Eagle.
    It is very accurate and powerful.
    Just uses a lot of gas.

However if you want a really good new pistol around £200 have a look at the Crosman 2300 T.
    Single shot but long range and a proper pistol not a fat replica of a real gun.

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    I like my Desert Eagle.
    It is very accurate and powerful.
    Just uses a lot of gas.

However if you want a really good new pistol around £200 have a look at the Crosman 2300 T.
    Single shot but long range and a proper pistol not a fat replica of a real gun.

Seconded on the DE- it is a "marmite" gun, but accurate with a good punch to it. The 2300T is a very nice piece of kit- haven't got one, but have had a go with one. Very nice!

tinbum is online now Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    A secondhand Rohm twinmaster trainer. Simples!
    God rest ye jelly mental men

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    Don't discount the Drulov DU-10, they do turn up from time to time in your price range, 6 shot, semi-auto match pistol
    ATB,
    Nick
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

If you put 6 pellets into a Drulov they generally still only fire 5 times there will be a double shot somewhere along the line. The were designed for practising rapid fire which is strings of 5 shots.
    FWB P8X,Hammerli AP40, Steyr LP1 Walther LPM-1, CPM-1, CP1, CP2, LP3, LP53, LP300, LP400, Terrus, Pardini P10, FX Wildcat .177, HW100 .22, AA S410 .22, BSA R10 MK2 .177, , HW77, 80, 90 BB AK47, S&W 586 and more blow back Co2 BBs than you can shake a stick at

Thanks for the info guys
    just googled the pistols & the s&w looks good
    also love the rohm but s/h still looking at £280 (GUNSTAR)
    may have to wait untill near christmas when people start selling
    thanks again chris

tinbum is online now Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by chris666 View Post
    Thanks for the info guys
    just googled the pistols & the s&w looks good
    also love the rohm but s/h still looking at £280 (GUNSTAR)
    may have to wait untill near christmas when people start selling
    thanks again chris
    That one is overpriced. I had one for sale last week with ambi combat grip, scope rail, red dot and laminate target grip with 30 co2 and pellets still boxed for £250. Keep a look out for a standard one, it should be in budget, but if you can find a Drulov? Omg, what a gun!

If you want a replica then umarex are ok, ive had some, theyre fun, but not a patch on real air pistols.
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Best Pistol

I have a Walther CP99, and it is a very accurate pistol, the only thing I have against it, is that you cannot cock the hammer like the CP88 or the Beretta 92, and squeezing off a shot instead of cocking the slide, is a bit heavy, though when going for ally cans, two-handed it's easy enough, single-handed tends to be a bit heavy. But it fits my hand perfectly and it's very easy on the gas, I'm getting about a hundred shots per fill, before I start going for close-up cans and then about two mags worth and that's it, it's too low then. I'm certainly not complaining about that, it's a great fun gun and seriously addictive!

not read this thread as i know the answer.......crosman 600