Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The best co2 pistol

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjacobs571 View Post
    If you put 6 pellets into a Drulov they generally still only fire 5 times there will be a double shot somewhere along the line. The were designed for practising rapid fire which is strings of 5 shots.
    That's a mighty interesting opinion, wrong though it is.
    As the current owner of 2 Condors and one Eagle and having just sold a Condor I can only conclude that you are using inappropriate pellets, have a badly adjusted gun or are echoing incorrect internet opinions.
    I can assure you that my personal professional experience of over 20 DU-10s is that a correctly adjusted one which isn't knackered will reliably feed six shots with the correct ammunition, some manage seven with short pellets,
    Regards,
    Nick
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

Quote Originally Posted by loiner1965 View Post
    not read this thread as i know the answer.......crosman 600
    Oh Yes, definitely, though I think you would be hard pushed to get one within the budget of £200

Quote Originally Posted by blooregard View Post
    The Desert Eagle is awful. It looks bad and it shoots badly. Mine was passed on quickly. I am not a fan of the fake automatics so I would go with the S&W if you can live with the cylinder.

I much prefer BBs in a CO2 gun though. Less accurate granted, but more fun and power is not something you should worry too much about with the majority of CO2 pistols, just concentrate on having fun.

EDIT: In answer to your title question, I don't think there is a "best" CO2 pistol, but there are many that people prefer.
    Have to disagree with that edit of yours, my fwb model 2 will give alot of modern pistols a run for their money. Very accurate, 200+ shots per charge of 50g co2 with 6.35kg of co2 @ £13

Kloppville- 10,533 miles from Lake Mulwala.
    Quote Originally Posted by jassi View Post
    Oh Yes, definitely, though I think you would be hard pushed to get one within the budget of £200
    Thats the reason I kept me gob shut!

Cheers.

Roy.
    If it moves.....shoot it!..If it don't move.....shoot it in case it tries to!!!
    Light travels faster than sound....this is why I appear bright until you hear me speak!!!

My Drulov is not knackered. Apart from the trigger I have not adjusted any thing and I use Wadcutter pellets such as Bisley practice and my Drulov doesn't like 6 pellets. Its not an opinion its an observation. If you can tell me how to adjust my Drulov so it will fire 6 pellets reliably I would like to know.
    FWB P8X,Hammerli AP40, Steyr LP1 Walther LPM-1, CPM-1, CP1, CP2, LP3, LP53, LP300, LP400, Terrus, Pardini P10, FX Wildcat .177, HW100 .22, AA S410 .22, BSA R10 MK2 .177, , HW77, 80, 90 BB AK47, S&W 586 and more blow back Co2 BBs than you can shake a stick at

Quote Originally Posted by willo1962 View Post
    Have to disagree with that edit of yours, my fwb model 2 will give alot of modern pistols a run for their money. Very accurate, 200+ shots per charge of 50g co2 with 6.35kg of co2 @ £13
    Actually you just backed the edit up perfectly! Thats the pistol you prefer as it suits your needs, what's best for you may not be best for everyone else.
    Great Deals with : Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    If it won't shoot 6 reliably it may just be that you have one with worn fingers that will never manage it.
    Otherwise it's a case of stripping the gun and setting up the internal adjustments first then fine tuning with the external ones.
    I picked up an excellent Anschutz .22 target rifle from a fellow club member BTW so they do exist - it's a Model 54 Match and is very good out to 100 Yards

- Nick
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

Quote Originally Posted by loiner1965 View Post
    not read this thread as i know the answer.......crosman 600
    They keep asking but it's a 600 all the way

I've own or have owned most of them Umarex (S&W, PPK, CP88.....), Crosman, Daisy,Tanfoglio and all the rest but my keeper is the 600( or my 2000 Makarov, Zastava/ Drulov/ Daisy 622X)

Buy the gun that suits your needs the BB guns are fun but you may soon get bored with the poor accuracy.

If you want a clone gun the try a CP88 or a S&W both different but will do the job or even a Mak with lead BBs.

If you want a proper semi-auto hold out for Crosman 600, Zastava or a Drulov.

Lets not talk about a LP50 just yet.
    Zastava Owners Club.