Thread: best pellets to use

best pellets to use

Hello fellow members, i have a question about pellets for co2 pistol. I know there is a wide variety to choose from but my club members have advised me to use gecos are these better than hobbies as i plan to do some competitions.
    thanks
    debs

Try both, there both cheep enough. My experience is that there both very good value for money. My Alecto gets to eat lots of gekos, there seems to be no improvement compared to the slightly more expensive hobbies. There both very nicely made and consistent pellets, not something that can be said about some of the other pellets in this price range! You will find very few people - pistols that flat out won't - dislike these, they really are a good GOTO pellet. Finding something you can then do better with is really the next challenge!

a little tip. try lubing your pellets as the co2 can be a bit dry . the lube will help keep seals and your barrel in good order.

Quote Originally Posted by gasman1 View Post
    a little tip. try lubing your pellets as the co2 can be a bit dry . the lube will help keep seals and your barrel in good order.
    the air from the diver's tank that fills my PCP is dry also. very dry. a suitable amount of lubrication will help any weapon but not every damn pellet.

my impression is that each club has it's own recommendation and people will stick to them and share that advice, whether good or bad, at the end of the day they are regular shaped pieces of lead made to a certain degree of specification.

We are lucky in having JSB match diabolo 4.49mm 0.500g (7.8125 grain) at £6.50 on tap at the club

Sat

Pellets

I've been using Bisley Practise in my CP99, and found them pretty accurate, any faults I've found to be from the bloke squeezing the trigger, I have used Hobbies, but Ifound them to be a slightly loose fit, and they would often fall out when lifting the mags out of my speedloader. I always wash and lube my pellets whether for pistol or rifle and lubricate with beeswax furniture polish spray. In my hunting rifles, (FAC) I only use Accupells.