Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Melbourne Marksmen Bell Target Club

Melbourne Marksmen Bell Target Club

An open invitation to anyone interested in joining one of the friendliest air rifle clubs in the UK.

We currently have a few vacancies for new club members at our Bell Target club.

We are based in Melbourne Derby in the East Midlands,just off the A50,very easy to get to from the M1.

Everyone is very welcome to come along any thursday evening at 8pm to have a go for free (for the first couple of visits),Any type of legal limit air rifle is OK although obviously .177 lower power rifles are better - Anything from BSA,webley ancient classics to Feinwerkbau 800's ,pistols as well welcome.

Sandwhiches served at half time and a choice of your favourite beverage from the bar.

Come along for a chat,have a laugh and a try out one of the most addictive and fun types of air gun shooting in the comfort of a warm and friendly club.

We are based at the British Legion in Melbourne - Check our website for full details www.melbournemarksmen.co.uk
    Life without happiness is no life at all.

Xmas dinner

Our Xmas dinner this year is again going to be held at the Wheel (Ticknall)
    www.thewheelticknall.co.uk/

There will be an Airgun quiz again, organised by Chris with top prizes for the winners (not pineapples or O.O.D. cream buns - promise)

Date and time for the dinner is 8 pm on Thurs 13th December but feel free to turn up early and have a few if you are not driving

For those who missed last Thursday evening's session, as well as the bell target competition a new sporting competition was held (CO2, plastic ducks, corks etc) with the clubs new rifle, kindly donated by Markmac. It may well take off

John
    Last edited by pennineway.fswo; 21-10-2012 at 09:58 AM. Reason: website included
    hold me back !!

Hi John,I think the precision shooting required for the "duck hunt" competition (funshoot) could well be the next big thing at the Olympics Watch out Rio,here we come

everyone welcome

Just to say it is a good friendly club with a fair few vintage airguns fans too!

Duck Shooting

The noise and lack of accuracy from a full power S200 shooting corks. "infantile" has to be seen to be believed. Lots of fun though!
    I did notice some of our serious shooters left the room!
    When I die don't let my wife sell my guns for what she thinks I gave for them!!!

Really good friendly club, only wish I had more time to get over,
    Good luck guys and hope to see you soon ,still got Pete's rifle slip,

Steve

Hi Steve hope you are well,always be good to see yourself and Mick up at the club when you get the chance.

We should organise an interclub comp with your club sometime - we could do a home and away leg.

Quote Originally Posted by markmac View Post
    Hi Steve hope you are well,always be good to see yourself and Mick up at the club when you get the chance.

We should organise an interclub comp with your club sometime - we could do a home and away leg.
    Would love to, here is my home number so we can arrange something, 01162 676114, though I want to get over soon anyway, all the best,

Steve

Hi Steve - Great,I will get some dates arranged with Chris and get back to you.

ATB

Mac

Quote Originally Posted by steve prime View Post
    Would love to, here is my home number so we can arrange something, 01162 676114, though I want to get over soon anyway, all the best,

Steve
    Hi Steve, Can you send me your email address in a PM? - I have drawn up some club competition rules for the forthcoming World Series Bell Target Competition (well East Midland Inter Club comps anyway) and would like your view/comments if the rules are OK for the occassion.

Looks like it will be after Christmas now if that suits you - We think we have at least 8 club members who are eager to enter in the spirit of a friendly club competition,can you get a team together from your end?

I will obtain a worthy piece of silverware (Silver Plastic) to act as the first Inter Club Trophy, to give a competetive edge to the deadly serious/but friendly competition.

Hi Mac just like to thank you and the rest of the club members who gave us there time and help when we came down we will see you in the new year

Pete and Roger.

Hi Pete, It was great to meet you both up at the club. I will be back the first Thursday in the new year.I will bring my other Bell Target rifle for you to try,it is a Pre Charged Air Arms RN10 (although it is right handed,so may be a bit awkward for you left hookers) - a bit different to my old Anschutz

Just out of interest - I have seen a Left Handed Diana 75 (Classic recoiless match rifle) for Sale on the forum that might be worth considering if you are after a springer for Bell Target.

Hope you and Roger have a great Christmas and C U in the New Year.
    Last edited by markmac; 19-12-2012 at 08:20 PM.

Melbourne

Just visited your site. You seem like grand bunch of loonies. Almost tempted to commute!!
    Like to know how competitive is the guy with the HW55T?
    The currency for Wisdom is Respect. So please do not enter a transaction if you do not have the means to pay

Thumbs up

Attended the club for the first time last night had a great time, friendly atmosphere, good company & facilities i much look forward to going back again asap, special thanks to John & Chris, ...mike...