Thread: New with a difference

New with a difference

Hi folks

I thought I would introduce myself as I have just started to use this forum.

I am on numerous other forums but was recommended to this someone at my local club.

I am just coming back in to air guns after a very long break. I used to have pistols years ago but nothing serious, although I always wanted a rifle. Unfortunately my parents wouldn't allow the rifle but were happy for me to have a pistol. I had several Gat (I think) pistols before going into the big stuff, ha ha, a Diana SP50 which spent more time in parts that it did shooting. I was always trying to stretch the spring to make this super rabbit killing machine but it never happened.

I have a friend who owns a farm and he suggested we go and shoot some clays on there one day. It was great but still out of my reach, financially and logistically given firearms regulations and such like. We did shoot clays whenever possible and loved it. I used to shoot his air rifle from time to time but that was it.

Anyway my son who is now 15 is gun mad but given my circumstances (I will get to this) I wasn't sure if or how he could be let loose with a firearm without the prospect if him either damaging him or someone else.

I got in contact with a friend through Facebook and he has several rifles. I asked him about any clubs locally and he pointed me towards a local club where they shoot .22lr.
    We were given contact details and we went along. After getting to know people and safety issues we were both allowed to shoot a number of different rifles.

We were hooked.

We were going to join this club, get a locker, FAC, new gun and shoot everything until we realised that this was not the case. Sure the cost of the rifle might not be that expensive but there is all the other stuff.

Anyway, to the point. I bought a Stoeger X20 Suppressor and both my son and I have been shooting it regularly at a club 25 miles away. It has been great and we have been shooting indoor and outdoor targets. We are really enjoying it and been going on a weekly basis to shoot drop down targets as well as paper ones.

I am enjoying it so much I am looking at buying a PCP, hopefully an Air Arms S410 as we have permission to shoot in a local storage facility, to keep feral pigeons under control.

I am hoping to get the new gun before Christmas as both of use a really keen to do more. My son has been asked to enter HFT at the local club and this is where my circumstances hold me back.

I am a full time wheelchair user but fairly fit (fit or fat) probably the later. I am independent in the chair and nothing really holds me back other than physical access to places so this will stop me doing HFT.

OK, I have rambled enough. If you have managed to stay awake until this line, I commend you.

All the best

DougyJ

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Welcome to the forum. I reckon it's time this forum had a "pimp my ride" section for wheelchairs. Maybe a variation of the idle back chair would work!?
    My ignore list: ​<Hidden information>

Hello mate .

And welcome to the forum .

All them best .

Andy .
    " Never mistake kindness for weakness "

hi dougj,
    welcome to the site its good to see nothing holds you back happy shooting mate
    ATB brian.

hi and welcome

Hi Dougy, welcome , to the forum , i admire your spirit, i hope you and your son enjoy your shooting
    together, always help and info on here ,
    atb brian