Thread: Adjustable Mounts

LouisCorney Guest

Arrow Adjustable Mounts

What are people's experiences of these? Any good? Do they keep zero? etc. etc.

Also any links to models would be appreciated, I have been looking at the B-Square and BSA ones (the same?)

TIA,

Louis

Gary C Guest
    I like the BSq ones
    Bit of a puzzler 1st time you zero with them but you soon get the hang of it

I 've got BSquares, as Gary C says, I got a be muddled with my left and right adjustments, (but I can't tell left from right at the best of times! ) they are adjust able for height to, so you don't need to shim.
    Gus
    The ox is slow, but the earth is patient.

Biggest pile of rubbish ever marketed at £46 plus postage and £8 per set of riser posts. Everything tight, put the gun down and the zero moved drastically 1 1/4" at 20 yards.
    Everyone, all decent shots have had the same comments, they threw them away, two post on here.
    Also dovetails are not cut to the industry standard but will be ok on shallow cut breach blocks.

What about the Sportsmatch ones? Any good? This company has a deserved high reputation for engineering excellence. Regards ... Geek
    PauL H. - Shotgoon
    Brownings: 1999 Ultra XS; 2004 B525 Field; 2010 Maxus Hunter: Air Arms 1998 Mk.2 Pro-Target, 2001 Mk.2 Pro-Sport & 2003 S400C

Koz Guest
    I'd guess that having to much of a height difference should be avoided in case the clamps start to bite on one edge.

Was it B-Square or BSA (Optical) that had a ball and socket clamp allowing lateral adjustment as well as forward and backward in the vertical plane.

One thing I'd be concerned about is making the fitting too fiddly.
    The more there is the more there is to go wrong if it takes a knock.

LouisCorney Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hareng
    Biggest pile of rubbish ever marketed at £46 plus postage and £8 per set of riser posts. Everything tight, put the gun down and the zero moved drastically 1 1/4" at 20 yards.
    Everyone, all decent shots have had the same comments, they threw them away, two post on here.
    Also dovetails are not cut to the industry standard but will be ok on shallow cut breach blocks.
    So they do not keep zero very well? I think I will steer clear.

I have not thrown mine away, 3 sets of riser posts.
    In all fairness these mounts may be ok if used with the supplied short risers, the equivalent of low to medium.

I've got two sets of BSquares, if you read the destructions and tighten them up they don't move - even with riser posts in. My zero hasn't shifted since I put these mounts on - probably about 8 months ago now and my scopes come in for all sorts of abuse, including clipping and unclipping lamping brackets etc.

They're set on a gimble so no matter what height difference there is between them they will never crimp or crush your tube. To adjust the height you need to remove the scope, but the windage is simple to set while the scope is mounted.

I won't use anything else now.

Quote Originally Posted by LouisCorney
    So they do not keep zero very well? I think I will steer clear.
    And they don't take kindly to chroming Louis.

LouisCorney Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by bowl bugle
    And they don't take kindly to chroming Louis.

Been there done that got the peeling shiny mounts T-shirt