Thread: Match pellet find

Match pellet find

A mate of mine has bought quite a few of these in amongst a job lot. Any idea as to their value please ?

http://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/.../Photo0095.jpg

Thank you in advance.

As I know nothing about proper target shooting, I thought I would ask in this section about value etc. Have I come to the wrong section? are these of no use here?

Can you imagine 10,000 pellts at a boot sale

It's possible that they may be more collectable than they are shootable?

Iain

Quote Originally Posted by Binners View Post
    A mate of mine has bought quite a few of these in amongst a job lot. Any idea as to their value please ?

http://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/.../Photo0095.jpg

Thank you in advance.
    Binners, send a pm to David Hughes on here (D R Hughes) or via the bay of e (id4drh) If I recall correctly he had thousands of these amongst the other items he was clearing out when I visited him almost two years ago. I know he has been listing the remnant's of his company's old stock on the bay so he might be able to say how much people have been paying for them.
    I collect vintage Japanese air rifles & vintage Japanese pellets
    Information sought about antique firearms with Japanese markings, do you have one ?

Usually boxed as on pic are pellets strongly selected for competition shooting, however make is excellent and world famous.

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Sometimes the foam gets really 'gungy' with age in these particular packs which can make the pellets almost worthless.
    Secondly most target shooters I know are reasonably pellet fussy - buying small stocks of the same make/batch/head size for maximum consistancy so I guess these may be of limited interest...How many have you got?

assuming the foam hasn't gone off they must be worth at least £2 a box
    FWB P8X,Hammerli AP40, Steyr LP1 Walther LPM-1, CPM-1, CP1, CP2, LP3, LP53, LP300, LP400, Terrus, Pardini P10, FX Wildcat .177, HW100 .22, AA S410 .22, BSA R10 MK2 .177, , HW77, 80, 90 BB AK47, S&W 586 and more blow back Co2 BBs than you can shake a stick at

I have got quite a few tins of the original Eley Match pellets from the seventies, and despite keeping them all in a sealed .762 ammo box they have still "gone off" a little bit and so are of more interest to a collecter than a target shooter.

My guess is you friends very interesting find could also be similar?

Having said that, the last time I shot at the NSRA finals at the Sophia Gardens in Cardiff (mid seventies) I used a selected tin of H&N pellets like those shown in one of your pictures and I would love to have another tin of them as a "keepsake".

As already mentioned, most target shooters like to buy their pellets in batches to ensure consistency and this would not be possible with an aged supply like the one you have so kindly shared with us.
    Last edited by zooma; 24-10-2012 at 11:27 AM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    Sometimes the foam gets really 'gungy' with age in these particular packs which can make the pellets almost worthless.
    Secondly most target shooters I know are reasonably pellet fussy - buying small stocks of the same make/batch/head size for maximum consistancy so I guess these may be of limited interest...How many have you got?

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Quote Originally Posted by Binners View Post
    and the foam condition?

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    and the foam condition?

The foam is just fine, although the colour is a bit faded around the edge. These tins are sealed and now that he has decided on a price, I will start a new for sale thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Tantomurata View Post
    Binners, send a pm to David Hughes on here (D R Hughes) or via the bay of e (id4drh) If I recall correctly he had thousands of these amongst the other items he was clearing out when I visited him almost two years ago. I know he has been listing the remnant's of his company's old stock on the bay so he might be able to say how much people have been paying for them.

Many thanks for this and all other replies, He has now asked me to post this ad

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....t-Pellets-£150