Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New and confused

Quote Originally Posted by Modski66 View Post
    Hi peteswright,

I used some fine emery on the sear and hammer contact faces and used a bit of graphite grease. It doesn't seem to need much smoothing, when I first tried it, it was truly a hair trigger.

I thought the screw thread was M4, but it is actually the same thread used on screws for light switch and socket plates...

The one thing I nearly messed up was other end of the sear spring, there is a small plastic washer over the coil that flipped off and was nearly lost! Other than that, taking out the two main parts was very straightforward.

Happy tweaking!

Cheers, M.
    Thanks for the reply. I know about the light switch screw, even tried it but it made trigger pull shorter which I didn't want. Might try the emery paper if you reckon its an easy mod, although I have got used to the trigger as is. Pete.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    The adjusting screw on the Compact is Sear Engagement, the gun should be cocked without a pellet, pointed in a safe direction and the screw turned clockwise untill the gun fires, then half a turn counter-clockwise should give minimum safe sear engagement with a very short, crisp second stage. More second stage travel is achieved by further counter-clockwise adjustment.
    Regards,
    Nick
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

heres an option....crosman 2240 with steel breech, .177 barrel, upgraded trigger parts and other parts.

i did this and i have a pistol that is very accurate indeed but i have also acquired a daisy 717 and that is unbelievable regarding accuracy.

prefer the daisy to the gamo anyday