Thread: HW45 Grips

HW45 Grips

HI,
    Does any one have any Idea where I can get some after market grips for my HW45 I have been using it with the shoulder stock but know fancy converting back to pistol.

Also can a silencer be fitted (neighbours not happy)

Many thanks
    Rob
    [B]To err is human to arr is pirate
    [

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    Oodles of 1911 grips on Evilbay, some of the guys on the UBC have bought from a Thai seller that does interesting and reasonably priced grips.

Don't know about a silencer, I'm sure it's possible but it would take a bit of work and you would probably have to take it off every time you cocked it.
    I shoot mine on 1/2 power to keep the neighbours happy, the difference in noise between 1/2 and full power is considerable.
    Good deals with these members

Quote Originally Posted by Roberth View Post
    HI,
    Does any one have any Idea where I can get some after market grips for my HW45 I have been using it with the shoulder stock but know fancy converting back to pistol.

Also can a silencer be fitted (neighbours not happy)

Many thanks
    Rob
    121000432114 Item number: on now look it up for grips,yes a silencer can be fitted ,you will need an adapter i made my own easy to do pm me if you need help.
    Ken
    Last edited by kenhart1; 26-10-2012 at 07:39 AM. Reason: added more info

Hi Rob

I got my 1911 Hogue grips from Midway UK - their were very efficient (though the set postage and packing charge was a little steep for such a light package - I expect that works out better for heavier orders). The grips are great and improve the handling no end.

ATB

Jon

hw45 grips

many thanks for your help i didnt realise 1911 grips would fit
    Rob
    [B]To err is human to arr is pirate
    [

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    If they do, then the sky's the limit, because I doubt that any pistol's had more types of grips for it than the Colt 1911.
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Quote Originally Posted by Roberth View Post
    many thanks for your help i didnt realise 1911 grips would fit
    Rob
    I have Hogue 1911 grips on my HW45 too and I also bought them from Midway UK - part no 563401. I bought a set of Pachmayr grips at the same time as the postage was the same for both to see which I preferred. The Hogues suited my small paws better so I sold the Pachmayrs here.

The HW45 was created because Dr Beeman asked Weihrauch to make a spring pistol as close to the 1911 as possible.

For those with HW40s, there's a Hogue slip-on grip, part no 662386, that greatly improves the handling. Not as easy to install as the HW45 grips but well worth the effort.
    Last edited by Snapshot; 27-10-2012 at 06:37 AM. Reason: added part numbers