Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: British pistol assoc.

Unhappy British pistol assoc.

BPA site not working today has it gone down permanently??, if so sadly it would not surprise me, ...mike...

Working for me ok. Is this the one?

http://british-pistol.co.uk/index.php

Works fine for me, though a few glitches have appeared recently.

Over the past couple of days I have been notified I am the 1000th visitor and redirected to another site where I could win an iPad.

Now I am getting notification that there is a security earning with the sites certificate, so it could well be your browser is set not to let you have access to sites with bad certification.

Not sure why I am getting these, as it is on the same forum network as the UBC and this has been working flawlessly.

Kind regards,

Phil
    I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
    >>Classic Air Pistol Association<<
    >>North Manchester Target Club<<

Thumbs up BPA

Thanks fella's i still can't get in i have tried changing browsers, but delighted its still there ...mike...

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil G View Post
    Working for me ok. Is this the one?

http://british-pistol.co.uk/index.php
    I see a lot of familiar names there.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Here is an update

There have been a number of security problems relating to the site since it started. Early on these related to external parties accessing PM's - those effected were notified and it was thought that the problem had been resolved. However, over the past 2 weeks it has occurred again and then further problems were encountered which included posts being deleted and email addresses accessed & spam sent out.

Having taken some advice I scheduled a temporary closure (for this weekend) in order to carry out a number of maintenance functions to attempt to resolve the above problems - a global email was sent to all forum members to advise them of this.

A few days ago there was a major loss of posts and other data that was not down to site admin or the forum provider. This was of concern to me so I suspended the site immediately. In the real world one of my responsibilities is information governance and compliance with the data protection act - I am aware of the difficulties that can arise from information held on the system that is considered by users to be confidential being accessed by third parties.

Until there is a resolution the site will remain closed Im afraid.

Sorry about that - but Im doing my best to sort things out!

Cheers
    Ian

Ian

thanks for the Update

dont post there much but did enjoy the reading

lets hope BPA rises from the ashes..!......

john
    Air Arms TX200HC .177, Hawke AIRMAX 3-9x40 AO
    Air Arms S400F carbine .177, Hawke AIRMAX 4-12x40 AO

Thanks John - much appreciated

Thumbs up BPA

Also looking forward to the site restarting, ...mike...

Fingers crossed Mike!

Thumbs up BPA

Quote Originally Posted by IH View Post
    Fingers crossed Mike!
    Nah i'm a computer "Dummy", but have confidence you will resolve the issue's, ...mike...

An excellent concept which I felt suited me, as it appeated to concentrate on the more serious side of target shooting, and less on multi shot CO2 pistols.

One thing that did put me off was the need to have comps witnessed, which I found almost impossible.

Kind regards,

Phil

I think that it put a number of people off Phil

Quote Originally Posted by p.m.h View Post
    An excellent concept which I felt suited me, as it appeared to concentrate on the more serious side of target shooting, and less on multi shot CO2 pistols.

One thing that did put me off was the need to have comps witnessed, which I found almost impossible.

Kind regards,

Phil
    Absolutely right. While league postal comps have to be witnessed it may not be necessary for BPA comps. I could get my wife to witness BPA comps but because she would be unfamiliar with the rules how could she know if I was complying? I feel that BPA comps should rely on the integrity of the shooter. Hopefully the forum will reopen and continue for many years. A parting thought. When the BPA reopens why not add an international competition, I reckon that there would be interest. Don't you?

Well said.

There is plenty of scope to promote honour and gentlemanly conduct, with a leaning towards a target discipline.

6 yard, and 10 metre, are perfect, as this is probably the distance shoot by most, and our choice guns are Ashley sighed in to these distances.

I look forward to a relaunch.

Kind regards,

Phil