Hi,

Welcome to the forum

I also have a Black Star .22 and I absolutely love it! I wouldn't say it's any more or less difficult than a Tempest but it is a little more challenging than the Alecto due to the fact that the HW45 has a bit of recoil. I found the Alecto very boring to shoot and i didn't really get on with the cocking action. I also thought it looked a bit cheapo due to all the plastic. However, I would probably own one if the price was right. I.e. £120 used.

My Black Star seems to like JSB exact dome heads but that's the only type of pellet that I've tried in it. Trust me, you will have no problem killing cans with it, I can hit cans fairly consistently up to about 20 metres and I'm fairly new to pistol shooting.

My girlfriend has a CO2 Beretta but she liked my HW so much that she has just bought a used Silver Star in .22! She's gonna try to whoop my ass at the range with it today

Don't be put off if you don't hit everything you point the gun at, it will take a while to get used to it. Also your gun will probably diesel (smoke coming out of the muzzle) for the first few tins of pellets but I hear that this is normal and doesn't affect the accuracy of the gun.

Hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine,

ATB

Peter