Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New member just brought HW45 BLACK STAR

Hello again any red dot sight with an 11mm dovetail mount should fit look on at item no 230815469548 this one should do the job for you,the price you are paying for the pistol seems a bit over the top look on gunstar to get an idea of what you can get one for,you could save yourself around £50.just type in HW45 in the search bar,well worth a look.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotshot666 View Post
    Hi Dave1943,I am very pleased to hear that you are happy with you Webley Alecto

I did hold one in the gun shop & it was not my cuppa tea right of the bat,I have small hands so that did not help.I would still like to fire one though just to see what they are all about.From what i have read they are still a very good gun.

everyone is diffent though,not everyone likes the same gun,if we did it would be a boring old world

I have spent the whole day shooting The HW45,used a whole tin of pellets & am feeling a little bit sick of shooting,my hands are hurting bad .I do love this HW45,it is a joy to shoot & i do not miss much i am shooting at,if i do miss,i will hit it within the next 2 shots belive.I pulled off an amazing shot today,a tin can about 50 meters away,I hit it dead on & it took off ,smack it went.Belive I do not need a red dot on this baby.the open glow sights are a bit of me.

Lol as i say my hands hurt bad & I got the kids begging me to go shooting again tomorrow ,I have a bad right hand anyway & all that shooting today has really upset it,I feel old right now .

Take care all & I will try & do the same

Thanks for the reply Hotshot, I, too have small hands; (my website name is a clue), and unfortunately, living in N. Ireland, air pistols are not as common as the rest of the UK, mainly because:1/ all weapons have to be on a FAC, and 2/ most folk who own pistols here are either rimfire or centrefire, as it easier to get on a ticket, which means, you cannot go into a gunshop as ask to try out various air weapons as in the case of the rest of the UK, you have to order on spec. I read up all the reports on the Alecto and took a chance, which fortunately turned out ok for me, I also have a co2 pistol that got from my son living over in England, and I had to get it on my FAC, before I went over to collect it, you are very lucky in the choice of airguns that you can have.
    I'm glad that you are getting on with the HW45, but how is it making your hand sore, I know that you mentioned a bad right hand, that intrigues me, can you shoot using your left hand? I didn't realise until shooting my pistol, that my master eye was my left eye, so I shoot right-handed using my left eye: rolleyes:
    I've haven't had any bother with the Alecto, and I've had some long sessions with it at times, especially when we have had guest shoots and the ladies have been using my guns and I've loading steadily for two to three hours for them. While they're waiting their turn on the rimfires.
    I have a recent scorecard that I shot last month for the 10 metre comp with the Umarex Boys Club, but it has to be put on my Photobucket as I don't know how to get it on here otherwise, done that: any misses are from me not the gun! happy shooting Cheers Dave

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y14...ledave/002.jpg

You say that you need FAC for any airgun ? wow what the xxxx.how long has it been lie that over there ?

Do you think it could go like that in the uk soon ,How hard is it to get FAC just for an airgun ?.what happend to all the peoples guns that people had ? what about people that have just forgot they had an airgun in the shed or in the loft somewhere ?.say if the law comes in to be the same in the uk as N. Ireland & people had lots of airguns but did not want to get a FAC ? would there guns be taken away ? did N. Ireland gov give people all there money back ?.That sucks over there why did people let the gov make that law up over there ?.all you lot should have told them no way & should have all stuck together like glue and fight back.

Could you get a FAC for an airgun just for shooting in your home in a indoor range,like a shed ?,would they let you have FAC just for that ?

I am so sorry to hear this,that makes me feel sick.they are treating ALL people like kids over there.

I have a bad right hand because I have broken it 4 times so far in my life,lets just say i have to much power in my arms for my silly little hands to handle.I have girls hands,they have always been weak,they are the downfull of my body .Everytime now if i knock my right hand just a little it will start to swell up.It sucks . Now i use my elbows instead if need be The photo of the sore near my wrist does not look much but it is,photo will not let it show well,it's much bigger looking in real life and is really red & sore,it is going to turn into a blister,I just now it.Yes now i need to rest my hands for a few days to let them recover.been out shooting again today & I need the rest now belive.

http://i1356.photobucket.com/albums/...6/SAM_2358.jpg

http://i1356.photobucket.com/albums/...6/SAM_2362.jpg

http://i1356.photobucket.com/albums/...6/SAM_2361.jpg

Can you see I have a over size nuckle now,& i cannot close my middle finger up no more than that because it feels lie it will snap if i forced it.My hand is foooked

Lol,I wish i could get a new pair of hands from the 2nd hand shop
    Last edited by Hotshot666; 02-11-2012 at 05:43 PM.

You've cocked a springer HW45 over 1000 times in the last 2 days...... How come only your hands are sore?....my whole upper torso would be aching now if I'd done it that many times. best not to overdo it or you might not enjoy it after a while. I used both my Hw 45's up at the club today...... enjoyed it immensely, but limited myself with the pellets... Do it all again on sunday lol. all the best.

Black Star

is a star ok,i used to shoot an Alecto and rate the pistol as supremely accurate
    and clinical with it.......that is why i sold it on as i needed a greater challenge
    and the springer gives me that.
    I believe you bought the better pistol first time,that said an Alecto would be
    a great foil for the Star,atb,w

Quote Originally Posted by lesj View Post
    You've cocked a springer HW45 over 1000 times in the last 2 days...... How come only your hands are sore?....my whole upper torso would be aching now if I'd done it that many times. best not to overdo it or you might not enjoy it after a while. I used both my Hw 45's up at the club today...... enjoyed it immensely, but limited myself with the pellets... Do it all again on sunday lol. all the best.

Lol yes I have shot just over 2 whole tins of pellets over the last 2 days ,it has been a lot of fun so the pain that I am feeling right now was worth it,JUST.

There is nothing ealse wrong with me though,THANK GOD,only my hands,well my right hand mostly because of my problem with it already.But I guess that will teach me,I should have walked away in the past.

prospector,hello mate.

I sold my Airarms s410 TDR because it was too easy to hit things with it & it took too much of the fun out of it for me.The HW45 is harder to shoot,but still for a spring pistol this powerful I think it is still easy to hit things with it.I have never shot the Alecto to compair.I think the HW45 Black Star is perfect,just right,not so easy it's not fun,& not to hard that it sucks.For me I think it's the best pistol I have ever shot for the fun factor.

Don't really know what easle to say,only if you buy one I am 99.98% sure you will love it or at least,like it a lot,just like what people was saying to me when i first started this thread asking if i would like it or not.People told me I would love it & they was right.I now know what all the HW45 fuss is about.seems very well made,feel lovely in my hands,looks just as good looking as my wife,if not better .

So to anyone thinking of buying one,with big fun factor in mind,this baby is the one for you.

Leo
    Last edited by Hotshot666; 02-11-2012 at 08:44 PM.

The gun looks stunning mate
    you can get a stock for these you know,
    making them a carbine,
    with a red dot on top they are fun,
    I did exactly that to a webley nemesis.

Hi kevmar ,that gives me some thing to think about.The only problem I have now is I'm out of cash for toys for myself.Maybe after we get xmas out of the way I can go mad again & treat myself.I just spent a bomb on 3 more HW45 black stars for my 3 sons xmas presents.

At the moment my kids have crosman 1377 & today when shooting I lets them each have a few ago's on my HW45 ,after I asked them what do they like better,there guns or mine,they said mine bless them so that is going to be a xmas treat for them from me & the wife.I cannot wait to see there little faces on xmas day .

do anyone know what is a very good case for storing HW45 ?,I would like hard outside cases with soft padded insides just big enough for the gun itself & a tin of pellets ? ,for around the £25-£35 mark,cheaper would be even better but they need to be high quality,something that looks great & will not break within a week.

Thanks in advance

Leo

Quote Originally Posted by kevmar View Post
    The gun looks stunning mate
    you can get a stock for these you know,
    making them a carbine,
    with a red dot on top they are fun,
    I did exactly that to a webley nemesis.
    Do you have any photo's of it mate to show me what it looks like ?

Ain't got a pic right now
    but like this one here

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=web...9,r:6,s:0,i:90

Quote Originally Posted by kevmar View Post
    Ain't got a pic right now
    but like this one here

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=web...9,r:6,s:0,i:90
    Thanks mate,the look is not really my cuppa tea to tell the truth,but everyone is different.I have read on the net people say they hate the look of the HW45 full stop ,I don't know how they could say that though.must be because everyone has different tastes.

Cheers for the HW45 link though.

take care

leo

Jumped out of bed,grabbed my baby & fired 6 shots into this target

http://i1356.photobucket.com/albums/...6/SAM_2375.jpg

Can you quess what my dream was about last night LOL & the night before that ?

I know,I know,I need to grow up,well that's what the wife is telling me

First shot into that target I hit the bull in the middle,I like it,I like it

Quote Originally Posted by Hotshot666 View Post
    Jumped out of bed,grabbed my baby & fired 6 shots into this target

http://i1356.photobucket.com/albums/...6/SAM_2375.jpg

Can you quess what my dream was about last night LOL & the night before that ?

I know,I know,I need to grow up,well that's what the wife is telling me

First shot into that target I hit the bull in the middle,I like it,I like it

Blimey Leo.... How close to your bed do you keep it that pistol? not under your pillow surely! lol will we see a phote of your alarm-clock with a hole in it? ha ha

Took my 2 HW45's to the club yesterday.... very happy with my prowess lol, but as the day went on,fatigue and complacency set-in, and I realised I'd overdone the effort... again.

LOL lesj,you was very close,it's under my bed ,I have a bed that lifts up & you can put things under it.it's at the pillow end though ,I wonder if that's the reson why I keep dreaming about it ?

When I close my eye's I see pictures of it,EVEN IN THE DAY TIME,& I'M NOT JOKING .

What club do you shoot at ?,is it fun ? can you win stuff there ? I would love to join a club to try & win some things with my HW.Where is there a club near canterbury,kent ? ,how good are people on pistols at shooting clubs ?

Yes this gun has gone to my head,I would never sell it,it's mine for as long as i'm alive.I love it about 1000 more times than my S410 TDR.I should have brought this pistol in the first place.Yesterday I let a few mates have a go on it & none of them could shoot it to save there lives,I said give her to daddy & I will show you how it's done.Even they say the gun was made for me,they cannot understand how I hit the things I can hit with it.it fits me like a glove.I think it's the most easy pistol ever to shoot.I cannot understand why loads & loads of people on the net all over the world say it take a long time to master it ?

If I come across as being big headed,I'm not,I am just telling the truth,this is how I feel.

When I had a webley tempest I was the worsed on that thing EVER,I could not hit jack with that thing most days.None of my mates could too so that made me feel a little better. Once I had a bsa scorpion pistol,that was ok & I could hit things with it but nothing like I can do with this HW45,& I had that scorpion pistol for over 3 years & shot it 1000s of times.I am even a better shot on this HW then I am with the crosman 1377 with a scope fitted on it, & it does not even jump when you shoot it.I can't work this one out myself ?.

Anyways I got to get some work done,the faster I get it done the faster I get on my HW

Laters
    Last edited by Hotshot666; 05-11-2012 at 11:49 AM.