Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: New member just brought HW45 BLACK STAR

Quote Originally Posted by Hotshot666 View Post
    Thanks aston_shooter,

Every time I get her out I seem to be getting better.There,there little one,settle down now for the night,daddy will see you in the morning

http://i1356.photobucket.com/albums/...6/SAM_2392.jpg

http://i1356.photobucket.com/albums/...6/SAM_2394.jpg
    Love your Black Star Leo.
    Daystate Renegade .177,Daystate Forester LE .22,Daystate Huntsman Classic .177,Daystate Huntsman Regal .177,Daystate Bullpup 2000 .177,Weihrauch HW45 Custom .22,Weihrauch Silverstar .22,Weihrauch HW77K SE .22,Weihrauch HW35E .22.

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    Thanks aston_shooter,

Every time I get her out I seem to be getting better.There,there little one,settle down now for the night,daddy will see you in the morning

http://i1356.photobucket.com/albums/...6/SAM_2392.jpg

http://i1356.photobucket.com/albums/...6/SAM_2394.jpg
    lol

Alright you officially love your HW45 too much
    Good deals with these members

just been reading your thread,i just aquired a nice hw45 pistol.second hand for £130
    heres my pistols.
    http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/258...1141208291.jpg

LOL I was feeling cranky that day I put them photos up of me bottle feeding my HW45 :,what ever will I do next ?

Your right I do love the gun a bit too much,but I can't help it can I ,that's just the way it is.

Hi bcham,Your HW45 looks very nice mate with them grips ,what's it like to shoot ? ,Also how do you find the webley alecto ? ,what do you like better out of the 2 guns ? ,do you find the alecto grip bulky in your hand or not.

Well I have not been up too much,have not shot my HW for a few days,been letting my bad hand have a good old rest ,I have been doing some work to my kids crosman 1377.I fitted new steel breech kit to both guns now & put in top transfer port seals.we have got some extra fps now,just telling by shooting at the old tin.they put a much bigger dent in the old tins now.nearly going all the way though .will get the power checked out on them tomorrow up the shop before letting the kids use them,but they should still be under the 6 power limit because all I have done was put in the extra seals.Oh & I put a little clear fish tank sealent inbetween the transfer port & barrel for a little extra anti air leak.Both guns now pass the rizla & baby powered check

laters
    Last edited by Hotshot666; 15-11-2012 at 01:37 AM.

LOL I was feeling cranky that day I put them photos up of me bottle feeding my HW45 :,what ever will I do next ?

Your right I do love the gun a bit too much,but I can't help it can I ,that's just the way it is.

Hi bcham,Your HW45 looks very nice mate with them grips ,what's it like to shoot ? ,Also how do you find the webley alecto ? ,what do you like better out of the 2 guns ? ,do you find the alecto grip bulky in your hand or not.

Well I have not been up too much,have not shot my HW for a few days,been letting my bad hand have a good old rest ,I have been doing some work to my kids crosman 1377.I fitted new steel breech kit to both guns now & put in top transfer port seals.we have got some extra fps now,just telling by shooting at the old tin.they put a much bigger dent in the old tins now.nearly going all the way though .will get the power checked out on them tomorrow up the shop before letting the kids use them,but they should still be under the 6 power limit because all I have done was put in the extra seals.Oh & I put a little clear fish tank sealent inbetween the transfer port & barrel for a little extra anti air leak.Both guns now pass the rizla & baby powered check

laters
    i like them both as much as each other the hw45 looks and feels better but the alecto shoots with more power and accuaracy,i took the palm shelf of as my hand was too big for the grip,now it feels fine esecially with the red sight,i cant miss.if i had to get rid of one it would be an hard decision.

aston_shooter is offline Sod the PCs, wheres me gun.......
    Quote Originally Posted by bcham View Post
    i like them both as much as each other the hw45 looks and feels better but the alecto shoots with more power and accuaracy,i took the palm shelf of as my hand was too big for the grip,now it feels fine esecially with the red sight,i cant miss.if i had to get rid of one it would be an hard decision.
    So is the Alecto more powerful than the 45 then mate? I nearly bought one a while back, they seem pretty good.

Hi Leo,

Just been reading your thread, and as has been said above - Refreshing to see your enthusiasm, and having fun with it!

As you're clearly a fan of the HW - Here's some pics of my last '45 and the butt stock I made for it (from a bit of steel and an old Rapid stock that was snapped at the pistol grip):

http://s662.beta.photobucket.com/use...hw45%20carbine

It was the earlier model with plain black sights and without the 'user warnings' printed on. Also had a nice Pachmayer signature series wrap-around rubber grip (quite a necessity, as the sharp-chequred factory walnut grips made the hand sore).

It's since been sold, but reading all this makes me regret that a bit!

Mine was .177 cal. But I couldn't shoot it half as well as you do! And like you, I much prefered the firing cycle at 'full cock'.

With your performance, I think you could do well at match pistol shooting ...

Best wishes

Quote Originally Posted by aston_shooter View Post
    So is the Alecto more powerful than the 45 then mate? I nearly bought one a while back, they seem pretty good.
    well it has more power than my last hw45,with the valve mod,it will shoot thru a fraybentos tin both sides,with thunderbolt pellets .and there thicker than bean tins,my old hw45 just dented one side.but was low on power,
    this one i havent tested yet as its barreless, as im still awaiting a 177 barrel i did a swap with my .20 cal one,
    Last edited by bcham; 15-11-2012 at 07:09 PM.

aston_shooter is offline Sod the PCs, wheres me gun.......
    Quote Originally Posted by bcham View Post
    well it has more power than my last hw45,with the valve mod,it will shoot thru a fraybentos tin both sides,with thunderbolt pellets .and there thicker than bean tins,my old hw45 just dented one side.but was low on power,
    this one i havent tested yet as its barreless, as im still awaiting a 177 barrel i did a swap with my .20 cal one,
    I know, its me you swapped with

I reckon your new one should be plenty powerful, mine is. I don't even bother shooting mine on full power, I just use half power really, not shot any cans yet so don't know what sort of penetration I'll get with it now its .20, but yours should be good in .177.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    Hi Leo,

Just been reading your thread, and as has been said above - Refreshing to see your enthusiasm, and having fun with it!

As you're clearly a fan of the HW - Here's some pics of my last '45 and the butt stock I made for it (from a bit of steel and an old Rapid stock that was snapped at the pistol grip):

http://s662.beta.photobucket.com/use...hw45%20carbine

It was the earlier model with plain black sights and without the 'user warnings' printed on. Also had a nice Pachmayer signature series wrap-around rubber grip (quite a necessity, as the sharp-chequred factory walnut grips made the hand sore).

It's since been sold, but reading all this makes me regret that a bit!

Mine was .177 cal. But I couldn't shoot it half as well as you do! And like you, I much prefered the firing cycle at 'full cock'.

With your performance, I think you could do well at match pistol shooting ...

Best wishes
    Hi Rickenbacker ,your old HW45 with that stock fitted to it is one of the better ones I have ever seen,most fitted with a stock do not look right at all.You sure did do a good job on that baby .

I am just looking into joining a shooting club in deal ,I have never been a memeber of a shooting club before so I am really looking forward to it.It would be great if I could win there on a shoot out,I WONDER HOW GOOD THEY ARE DOWN THERE WITH PISTOLS ?.yesterday I was out shooting some people with air rifles with my HW45 up the farm,one of them was shooting a diana air king, & the other person had a bsa super sport even they said I am deadly with my HW45,all I could do was laugh my head off.They was saying stuff like OMG & WTF ,We was playing this game rolling this ball & then the other person had to try and shoot it while is was rolling & I was hitting it over & over again.

One day I will buy an Alecto,but I will keep my HW45 still.I just do not understand one thing though at the min,2 gun shops now have told me that the alecto is not worth bothering with,but then I come onto lots of online forum & people all over say they are super ?.one gun shop told me that they do not stock it because most people hate them & they told me they are not worth the price tag ?.I rang the gun shop to ask for one & he put me off them by saying ,in other words they was crap.They can't be competly crap though I was thinking because too many people on forum say they love them.I do not understand
    ,you would have thought that a shop would do all they could to try & sell me one even if they was crap.

Last year I did buy a webley typhoon & that was crap,I could not hit a thing with it.I had to be point blank range ,so I gave it away for nothing.

Oh & does anyone know anything about this Titan XS Mainspring ? ,are they any good

http://www.airgunbuyer.com/Showprodu...at=Mainsprings

NO15 is for the HW45 ,I was thinking about buying a few for spares,but not if they are junk.& or would make my HW45 harder to shoot,or put it over the 6 limit.

Would I be best off with a factory spare ?

Thank you for replys

Leo

-New-member-just-brought-HW45-BLACK-STA

I bought an Alecto about 7 months ago, and it is extremely accurate and powerful, I use for both 6 and 10 yd comps. below is a pic of me shooting it at our rimfire .22 rifle and pistol range, also my last comp scorecard, any odd shots are not the guns fault but mine. After the strain of trying to get a decent score on the card, it's very relaxing to set up the cans and go for them! The shops must be talking through their heads I love mine, a great gun, Webley would not put their name to a shoddy weapon I'm sure, I have a Webley Axsor .22 PCP that I've had since they came out; it runs at about 24-25 ftlbs and it is a great gun as well, it's very sore on the rabbits!

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y14...Shoot_0784.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y14...Shoot_0789.jpg
    Last edited by Dave1943; 16-11-2012 at 03:49 PM.

Its gone quiet on this thread after the initial enthusiasm........ Has Leo's pellet supplier failed to keep up with demand?

[...]
    Oh & does anyone know anything about this Titan XS Mainspring ? ,are they any good

http://www.airgunbuyer.com/Showprodu...at=Mainsprings

NO15 is for the HW45 ,I was thinking about buying a few for spares,but not if they are junk.& or would make my HW45 harder to shoot,or put it over the 6 limit.

Would I be best off with a factory spare ?

Thank you for replys

Leo
    On the one hand, Titan springs seem to be very popular in general.

On the other hand, its a powerful pistol already, and it might be harder to shoot if it were 'oversprung'.

On a third hand, HW45s are not the easiest guns to take apart. Its particularly easy to dent the alloy frame while trying to drift the main rear pin out. Unless you have a set of convex pin punches, and skill / experience.

So if it ain't broke, I wouldn't try to fix it!

What's wrong with the original spring?

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    On the one hand, Titan springs seem to be very popular in general.

On the other hand, its a powerful pistol already, and it might be harder to shoot if it were 'oversprung'.

On a third hand, HW45s are not the easiest guns to take apart. Its particularly easy to dent the alloy frame while trying to drift the main rear pin out. Unless you have a set of convex pin punches, and skill / experience.

So if it ain't broke, I wouldn't try to fix it!
    Hi Rickenbacker I was only thinking about getting spare springs for the future,I have no reson to mess with it at the moment like you say.I would like to learn how to take my gun apart though & fix it myself if need be.I have taken some guns apart before & managed to put them back together & they worked great after.I would not like to mess my gun up trying though so I will read all I can on it before I did try.If it did seem a bit hard for me I will just pay to have it done. Thanks for your reply

I will give the Alecto a try Dave1943 ,good shooting with it mate.I can not understand why shops have told me they are bad.I will get one after xmas for sure & have a play around with it to find out for myself.

lol lesj,no I got plenty of pellets left mate lol I have 20+ 500 tins left I have not been out on my gun for a while because of bad weather & work,plus my bad hand has been hurting a bit.I am in recovery stage at the moment Still love the gun to death though.Everyone that sees it says wow what a gun.It's definitely my best pistol I've ever had for sure..I can hit things with it consistently,tin cans do not stand a chance bless them .The power of the gun is excellent,the smack sound when hitting plasic bottles with it is music to my ears everytime.will go play with it at the weekend if it's not raining ,don't like getting my gun wet so if it's raining I can't go SORRY.

take care all

leo