Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Multi-shot air pistol

Multi-shot air pistol

A Friend has asked me to find him a multi-shot air pistol that does not use Co2 bulbs and is not pre-charged.
    It would ideally be pneumatic and magazine fed.
    He understands about it needing to be cocked before each shot.
    Is there anything like that out there ?

Thanks

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    The only thing I can think of is the Gamo AF 10, but that is only repeating with BBs, you have to single load pellets.
    Not sure what else is out there.
    Good deals with these members

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Quote Originally Posted by nitemax View Post
    A Friend has asked me to find him a multi-shot air pistol that does not use Co2 bulbs and is not pre-charged.
    The world's most pointless and contraditory requirement - a multi-shot gun that can't shoot multiple shots
    Perhaps for your friend airsoft is the way to go

get an ASI paratrooper repeater and tell him its a LBP.

I do remember seeing a repeater once it had a knurled round knob on the back but it was a make I had never heard of nor can I remember sorry
    FWB P8X,Hammerli AP40, Steyr LP1 Walther LPM-1, CPM-1, CP1, CP2, LP3, LP53, LP300, LP400, Terrus, Pardini P10, FX Wildcat .177, HW100 .22, AA S410 .22, BSA R10 MK2 .177, , HW77, 80, 90 BB AK47, S&W 586 and more blow back Co2 BBs than you can shake a stick at

g1010 repeater

I was bored so I did some googling what I was thinking of was a HY-SCORE 802

more details here http://www.network54.com/Forum/40594...ere%2C1st+post

I was told you had to paint a G10 in a bright colour as they are not powerful enough to count as an air pistol so they are a RIF and illegal in black unless you are a member of a run around the woods shooting at each other society (sorry I can't remember their real name)
    FWB P8X,Hammerli AP40, Steyr LP1 Walther LPM-1, CPM-1, CP1, CP2, LP3, LP53, LP300, LP400, Terrus, Pardini P10, FX Wildcat .177, HW100 .22, AA S410 .22, BSA R10 MK2 .177, , HW77, 80, 90 BB AK47, S&W 586 and more blow back Co2 BBs than you can shake a stick at

Record champion, bit hard to find as only sold in small numbers around the mid 80s.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjacobs571 View Post

I was told you had to paint a G10 in a bright colour as they are not powerful enough to count as an air pistol so they are a RIF and illegal in black unless you are a member of a run around the woods shooting at each other society (sorry I can't remember their real name)
    I don't think that's the repeater variant of the Hi-Score. It had an overlever cocking mech using the whole barrel & cylinder assy. , and a peculiar rotating shutter breech that operated by twisting the big knurled ring. I had one of these pistols in the 60s, but never saw the multishot variant, which had a longer breech ring. It wasn't , IIRC, what it was cracked up to be - trigger was gruesome and creepy and the result was that it wasn't particularly accurate in the hands of anyone I knew. Its contemporary, the Slavia ZVP was a similar size but built like a miniature break-barrel rifle, with a crisp trigger and a MV which would probably take it perilously close to the limit - and I much preferred it.

Regards,
    MikB
    ...history... is, indeed, little more than the register of the crimes, follies, and misfortunes of mankind. (Edward Gibbon: Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire)

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjacobs571 View Post

Lead pellet, lead bb and steel BB firing pistols are all regarded as "Firearms not currently requiring a Firearms Certificate" and are not RIFs, take it from a clued up RFD
    Next time you're in that particular pub you can set the plank that told you this straight ;-)
    Regards,
    Nick
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    Lead pellet, lead bb and steel BB firing pistols are all regarded as "Firearms not currently requiring a Firearms Certificate" and are not RIFs, take it from a clued up RFD
    Next time you're in that particular pub you can set the plank that told you this straight ;-)
    Regards,
    Nick
    Taken from
    Guidance to: Air Weapons,
    Primers, Realistic Imitation Firearms & Imitation Firearms
    Published by:-
    The Gun Trade Association Limited
    P.O. Box 43 Tewkesbury Gloucestershire GL20 5ZE 01684 291868 www.guntradeassociation.co.uk
    © The Association of Chief Police Officers England, Wales & N.Ireland / The Gun Trade Association Limited. 2007
    THE VIOLENT CRIME REDUCTION ACT 2006

33.4 Realistic Imitation Firearms' & Imitation Firearms Sections 36, 37, 38, 39 & 40: Cont.
    Please note that airsoft items are not firearms within the meaning of the 1968 Act because either their ammunition is designed not to cause lethal injury, or their muzzle energy is less than 1 joule, which is currently taken to be the threshold at which a projectile of non frangible design can be lethal.

If the G10 has a muzzle energy of less than 1 Joule then it is not a firearm for exactly the same reason airsoft are not and the G10 then becomes an imitation firearm which if sold by a shop needs to be 50% painted bright colours to be legal. If the ammunition was the only factor then there would not be air pistols that fire 6mm plastic balls.
    airsoft aren't firearms because they have less than 1 Joule of energy and paintball guns are not firearms because their ammo is non lethal.
    I am told the G10 was less than 1 joule by someone who has a chronograph so has probably checked their one.

Now Mr Plank tell me what fat bloke down the pub told you I was wrong so you could make fun of me and make out I am stupid. and please give sources for your understanding of the law

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    Well you asked for this so BOHICA

Look at the black ones for sale in the shops and wonder why the local FEO isn't interested, it's because you're wrong
    Also look on the internet and see where you can buy one mail order, you can't because you're wrong ;-)
    http://www.solware.co.uk/air-pistol-...r-pistol.shtml
    http://www.getairgun.co.uk/smk.0.html
    http://www.anticsonline.co.uk/1277_1_13972.html
    Any more guidance you can vomit up in support of a statement which is clearly wrong would be greatly appreciated, I find it endlessly amusing

Normally I wouldn't engage you in a battle of wits as I generally refuse to fight with an unarmed man

This whole RIF v airsoft v airsoft that is an airgun v airgun that is based on airsoft thing does my head in. Somewhere I think I may still have a G10 that I broke as a kid and removed the internals for my box of "bits that might come in handy". Does that mean I converted a legal airgun into a now illegal RIF? Or I have a broken airgun?

To return to the OP's question, the Champions and Hy Scores are rare and pricey (£150-200 region at a guess). They are also fiddly.

The best bet, as said earlier, is a Gamo AF-10 (which also shoots pellets singly) or the earlier PR-45 which is a pure BB repeater. Nice guns, driven out of the market by the CO2 repeaters.

Another, though very cheap and low-powered, would be a Daisy model 177, an underlever spring BB repeater, one of which I have but not for sale. There was also a Daisy Colt 1873 lookalike BB spring gun that is a true spring gun in that there is no cylinder: the hammer hits the BB to lob it (slowly) down the barrel - the model 179.

Much more obscure options would include the 1930s Haenel 28R (lovely, pricey and v collectable), and the ultra-rare tube magazine repeating version of the ASI/Gamo Center (which may only be a rumour, I have never seen even a picture of one).

All quiet on the western front then

- Nick

The bloke with the g10 producing less than a joule must either have a faulty chrono or a g10 in desperate need of fettling.I understand they can go to up to 300 fps,just cos that particular one doesn't is neither here nor there.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    The best bet, as said earlier, is a Gamo AF-10 (which also shoots pellets singly) or the earlier PR-45 which is a pure BB repeater. Nice guns, driven out of the market by the CO2 repeaters.
    The AF10 is a rather lightweigh and almost feels a bit flimsy, in my opinion.

The PR15 is the 15-shot lead ball only repeater, and from what I've seen and handled (but never fired) is much more solid. Unlike the AF10, which can have pellets loaded directly into the breech, there is no such option on the PR15.

The PR45 is a single-shot only version of, essentially, the PR15 - it differs only, I'm sure, in having a different overlever/barrel assembly - with adjustable sights (PR15's are fixed) and lengthened to extend past the front of the frame. And, of course, direct access to the breech for loading.

Iain