Thread: Multi-shot air pistol

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardH View Post
    Nick

As a clued up RFD can you explain how the following two pistols would be classified:

A- 0.9 Joule 4.5mm pistol
    B- 0.9 Joule 6mm pistol

I would be interested to see how you arrive at your conclusions

Rich
    A- Air Pistol, because there are no .177 pistols sold in the UK that require a legal defence to sell or have to be painted funny colours for sale to the general public.
    B- Airsoft because if it chronos at this UKARA members will allow you to skirmish with it, I think they use a standard weight ball for testing so I'll assume your reading is taken with that weight
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    A- Air Pistol, because there are no .177 pistols sold in the UK that require a legal defence to sell or have to be painted funny colours for sale to the general public.
    B- Airsoft because if it chronos at this UKARA members will allow you to skirmish with it, I think they use a standard weight ball for testing so I'll assume your reading is taken with that weight
    a .2gr ball is the standard weight for chrono testing at airsoft skirmishing sites, if you are using another weight of ball then you should inform the tester.

Interesting.....

Now demonstrate where the law supports that position

Complicated isnt it

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    Interesting.....

Now demonstrate where the law supports that position

Complicated isnt it
    No it's not complex, if you know what to look for, CPS guidance on what a firearm is, for instance.
    See the CPS guidance quoted elsewhere in number 32 in this freaky, time-shifted post order.

No it's not complex, if you know what to look for, CPS guidance on what a firearm is, for instance.
    See the CPS guidance quoted elsewhere in number 32 in this freaky, time-shifted post order.
    CPS Guidance isnt the law, the firearms acts and the VCR bill are the only relevent documents.....

Using those documents can you support your earlier statement?

CPS Guidance isnt the law, the firearms acts and the VCR bill are the only relevent documents.....
    You are wrong, CPS Guidance, Home Office Guidance and Case Law are all relevant, the chuff from BASC made the school boy error of thinking that English Law was just the acts & bills as published & ended up deleting half his posts and running away when he discovered he was wrong and that semi-auto air guns are not illegal as initially stated in the BASC guide to air gun law and that this is a result of Home Office guidance.

Using those documents can you support your earlier statement?
    Nice try but I don't have to, I choose to use empirical evidence and direct you to what's on the shelves, painted black, selling every day and resulting in no prosecutions since the VCR act, despite regular FEO visits to all RFDs.
    Can you show just one instance of an RFD being prosecuted for selling a .177 RIF ?
    Any argument that all these sales are "slipping through the net" is Walter Mitty territory,
    - Nick

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Can you show just one instance of an RFD being prosecuted for selling a .177 RIF ?
    Any argument that all these sales are "slipping through the net" is Walter Mitty territory,
    - Nick
    Maybe because I can only think of 2 .177's with a power output low enough to qualify, the Gat and the G10.
    The Gat the is mitigated by the fact it in no way imitates a real firearm.
    However, the G10 does...but the fact that there's not exactly a rash of crim's using them to hold up banks or the fact that theres many thousands of pre-VCR airsoft replicas out there in secondhand circulation probably mean that any prosecution is hardly in the public-interest.

Milbro also used to make something with a push-in barrel, that functioned like a Gat, but looked like a Colt 1911