Thread: Webley Vulcan

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Webley Vulcan

Hi A friend of mine has been offered a webley vulcan with scope and case for £50 he is thinking of buying it for his 12 year old who already shoots with us.Is this a good price for this gun I do not know the condition, and what is the weight of the gun is it too heavy it comes in 22. Thanks
    HW77K 0.22

Ratpak Guest
    Thats an old rifle, probably weighing around 6 - 7 lbs. £50 sounds ok, depending on condition. Spares should be available if required.
    Last edited by Ratpak; 11-04-2005 at 07:29 PM.

Iv'e had a few vulcans over the years,and can honestly say they were never anyway near 10 foot pounds ,more like touching 12 + and had to be kept an eye on.
    I had an old hawk mark 3 that was 10 ft pounds.

I just sold an old Webley/Beeman C1, this is a Vulcan with the straight grip.
    It was doing 12.8 ftlbs with H&N Barracuda Match and 11.9 with H&N FTT. That was just after reseal and springswap (Maccari spring). They usually go a little higher after about 500 - 1000 shots.
    Nice shooting rifle but sure not on the safe side of sub 12ftlbs.

I had a Vulcan when I was a youngster (aged about 9 onwards) and I had no problems carting it about and aiming the rifle.

Shouldn't be a weight issue at all, they are okay rifles for plinking with. I put many, many thousands of slugs through that rifle.

Sub Sea Sniper

Just check the barrel/breech area for sideways play especially if your going to be using a scope. The breech pin is just that - a pin not an adjustable bolt like Weihrauchs etc.

HTH
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk