Thread: HW45 variations

HW45 variations

I am thinking of getting myself a HW45, I have had, and still have, various pistols over the years and quite a few I now regret selling, but that’s another story.

But what I do not have in my collection any more is a good spring pistol, I have come to the conclusion I want to get a HW45 in 177, so having decided that I started looking about in the second hand market and seem to have come across various versions of it, duel power, black, silver, etc…

What are the versions out there and there a particular one that is considered the best? Late models, early models, etc?

Any info would be great, also I am more than happy to strip and rebuild if needed.

Thanks

Dave
    It’s sometimes best to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid rather than open your mouth and dispel all doubt…

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    All .177s are dual power, it's only certain .22 versions (older ones I think?) that are single power only.

The older models have plain iron sights, which I prefer, the newer ones have truglow fibreoptic sights.

The other main difference is the black/silver star models - they have a grip with a palm shelf. Unfortunately you can't swap these out for 1911 grips like you can the others.

It all depends on your preferences as to what's the better model for you. AFAIK they are as well built as they ever have been.
    Good deals with these members

Quote Originally Posted by eyebull View Post
    All .177s are dual power, it's only certain .22 versions (older ones I think?) that are single power only.

The older models have plain iron sights, which I prefer, the newer ones have truglow fibreoptic sights.

The other main difference is the black/silver star models - they have a grip with a palm shelf. Unfortunately you can't swap these out for 1911 grips like you can the others.

It all depends on your preferences as to what's the better model for you. AFAIK they are as well built as they ever have been.
    Perfect, that clears that up, nice and simple.

Thanks, just the info I was looking for.
    It’s sometimes best to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid rather than open your mouth and dispel all doubt…

There was a version threaded for a silencer known as the hunter combat, it also came with 3 different caliber barrels and a custom grip. They were around in the 80s in small numbers. Worth checking if you are getting one as you may unexpectedly find a threaded barrel.

I just brought a HW45 black star & it's very good,best pistol I have ever shot so far in my life.I am very sure that if you did get one you would like it.This gun blows my old Webley tempest away.

Take care

Leo

Quote Originally Posted by GRAZY View Post
    There was a version threaded for a silencer known as the hunter combat, it also came with 3 different caliber barrels and a custom grip. They were around in the 80s in small numbers. Worth checking if you are getting one as you may unexpectedly find a threaded barrel.
    i had the hunter comat,purchesed from an add in airgunner magazine,came in a black case with 22.177.25.cal barrels and pachymar grips,and a silencer.
    sadley my house i got burgaled while i was out on the rass,and they took the hunter combat among other things.great gun though.

I have a silver star great gun don't think I'll ever sell it, some people do find them hard to shoot though.